1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SD Cards

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by akanimbus, May 16, 2011.

1. akanimbus

akanimbus Newbie

Probably a stupid question but I'd like to buy a 32gb memory card for my SS2. However, there are several types to choose from ie, Class 4, 6 and 10. SD, SDHC..... Which should I buy?
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. griffgruff

griffgruff Newbie

Hi,

I purchased the following from Amazon:

KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Class 10 MicroSDHC Card 32 GB High Speed Micro SDHC with SDHC adapter and USB adapter $65.

It is a class 10 microSDcard and works really well. The speed is excellent, i.e. a true class 10 device - tested with "SD Tools" free app from Android Market.

There are cheaper microSDcards but they generally have a lower class (speed) which you may find acceptable.

akanimbus likes this.
  3. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert

Check here and check my posts on SD cards.

Class 2 Sandisk cards are adequate for 1080p encoding and decoding in the SGSII, so there is no real need to get a higher Class card. If you can afford to then you will get quicker read and write speeds when connected to your PC for data transfers.

lotus49 and akanimbus like this.
  4. NZtechfreak

OH, I should point out that when I say Class 2 Sandisk cards, I really mean Sandisk cards. They generally exceed minimum Class specs (as you can see in my benchmarks at the link I provided), whereas other brands tend not to. In other words, for non-Sandisk brands you might want to go at least Class 4.

nellyp likes this.
  5. hilt_m

hilt_m Newbie

i would go micro sdhc class 6, I have one on order from amazon uk, if you want to save a bit of cash drop down to class 4, but not class 2 - too slow.

6. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

I bought a 32GB class 4 card for mine and it seems to work well. I had been going to buy a class 10 but I read NZtechfreak's helpful post elsewhere on this board and decided to save myself

7. NZtechfreak

My Sandisk is fast enough to encode and decode 1080p video, there is nothing more intensive in terms of read/write than that on mobiles at present, so explain to me how its too slow?

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews