• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD for downloaded apps

Rgarner

Android Expert
May 9, 2017
Is it possible to move some apps I downloaded to sd card? I don't want to run out of phone storage when I could use that instead (I hope). I have a Samsung S5 with 16 gb, and an Infinitive card with 32 gb, less than 25% used. X-plore could or could not do that? By the way, it's unfortunately not rooted. Yes, I did try the long press on a couple of downloaded apps, but all that did was bring up the trash can.

Is it possible to move some apps I downloaded to sd card? I don't want to run out of phone storage when I could use that instead (I hope). I have a Samsung S5 with 16 gb, and an Infinitive card with 32 gb, less than 25% used. X-plore could or could not do that? By the way, it's unfortunately not rooted. Yes, I did try the long press on a couple of downloaded apps, but all that did was bring up the trash can.
YES it is possible just move app to sdcard or use app2sdcard to move :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones