• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD from rooted S3 to non rooted S3

A

Android Question

I want to know if I can put the SD card from a rooted S3 to a non rooted S3.
I have a rooted S3 model I535 (Verizon) but since I'm with T-Mobile the speed is slow (Edge not 4G) so I bought a T-Mobile S3 model SGH T999 which is not rooted.
I am ready to root the SGH T999 but am not sure if I can use the SD card from the rooted I535
So, what happens if I put the SD from the rooted phone into the non rooted phone...can I use the same SD and root the new phone?
Can I root the new phone without an SD card?
Can I use the SD card from my rooted phone and put it in the non rooted phone and then root it?

Rooting has absolutely nothing to do with the SD card. You can put a card from a rooted phone into an unrooted phone and vice-versa. You cn root a phone with or without an SD card.

The only problem you may encounter is if you moved apps to the SD card on one phone, then put the card into another phone. You'll have to delete the apps from the card, install them on the phone and move them to the card again. But again, that has nothing to do with rooting. (Rooting has nothing to do with anything unless a particular app asks for root permissions.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones