• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD issues and duplicate files

retroenzo

Lurker
Nov 30, 2008
Hi there

New G1 owner and have just upgraded the 2gb memory card to an 8gb. I just converted an AVI file to MP4 format and transferred it across to the G1. Oddly when I then looked in the Video Player application all my video files had duplicated.

I sync'ed it back up with the computer and after unplugging it, the phone displayed four copies of each file. I tried wiping the SD card (by just "select all" and deleting on the computer). Unusually when I then looked at the SD card on the phone, I then had THREE copies of each file.

I've tried rebooting the phone, removing and reinserting the SD card, reinstalling the application and even temporarily using the old 2gb memory card (unusually that had duplicates of each video file again). I've just wiped it and copied all the files over from the old memory card and now it's even more weird. Some videos are duplicated just once, and others up to three times. So I have two copies of some files, three of some and four of others.

Any ideas? HELP!!!!

Geoff

Hi there

New G1 owner and have just upgraded the 2gb memory card to an 8gb. I just converted an AVI file to MP4 format and transferred it across to the G1. Oddly when I then looked in the Video Player application all my video files had duplicated.

I sync'ed it back up with the computer and after unplugging it, the phone displayed four copies of each file. I tried wiping the SD card (by just "select all" and deleting on the computer). Unusually when I then looked at the SD card on the phone, I then had THREE copies of each file.

I've tried rebooting the phone, removing and reinserting the SD card, reinstalling the application and even temporarily using the old 2gb memory card (unusually that had duplicates of each video file again). I've just wiped it and copied all the files over from the old memory card and now it's even more weird. Some videos are duplicated just once, and others up to three times. So I have two copies of some files, three of some and four of others.

Any ideas? HELP!!!!

Geoff

yours came with a 2gb card? well thats a first. I've played with alot of G1's and they all came with 1GB... lol

Upvote 0
Hi there

Any ideas? HELP!!!!

Geoff

Make sure you format the new 8GB card to FAT32 ... then copy your backed up files back onto the card ....

Upvote 0
Hi there

I've tried rebooting the phone, removing and reinserting the SD card, reinstalling the application and even temporarily using the old 2gb memory card (unusually that had duplicate files of each video file again). I've just wiped it and copied all the files over from the old memory card and now it's even more weird. Some videos are duplicated just once, and others up to three times. So I have two copies of some files, three of some and four of others.

Any ideas? HELP!!!!

Geoff

Try Ashisoft Duplicate Finder to find and remove duplicate files... This application helps me recover lots gbs from sd card.

Upvote 0
Hi there

Any ideas? HELP!!!!

Geoff

please try "Duplicate Files Deleter program" to remove duplicate files. thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones