1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root SD partition questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Teneb, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Teneb

Teneb Lurker
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    I'm running CM7 off an 8 GB SD card (using Ana Mardoll's excellent instructions Ana Mardoll's Ramblings: eReader: Running CM7 on a Nook Color from SD Card (REPOST)) and had a few SD partition questions.

1. The 4th partition is the largest, but Windows can only see the 1st (boot) partition. I'd like to load MP3's on the 4th partition, but I'm unsure how to go about doing that.

2. The 2nd and 3rd partitions are smaller, but are they also available for files?

For context, I'm definitely a novice when it comes to technology - I'm slightly amazed I got my Nook rooted!

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. koopakid08

koopakid08 Android Expert
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    Behind you
    You need to mount via USB with cm7 running on your nook.

Only the 4th partition is used as storage don't mess with the others.

3. Teneb

Teneb Lurker
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    Yes - what I'm unclear on is how to do this. If I plug my Nook directly into my computer, I see two drives (I assume internal memory and the SD card) but the computer won't open these drives. It says "please insert disk into drive". If I pop out the SD card and put it in my computer directly, it only sees the 1st partition. I'm wondering how to access the 4th partition so I can dump mp3's into it.

4. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    You plug your powered-up NC into your computer via usb, then you have to go to the status bar on your Nook and tap the "usb connected" message to enable usb-mode. Then you should have access to your drives.

Like Koop said, leave the NookColor partition as-is and just use 4th. You need that storage for apps and stuff.