• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD Permissions

mikemanx2

Lurker
Jun 14, 2022
Hello,

I am working on developing an application that requires reading a file from the SD card. I am trying to read from either the downloads or the documents directory. I am getting an error back when attempting to read the file saying "Cannot open file. Permission denied." I have checked the permissions in the settings and it says the application has permissions to media on the SD card. I have a permissions check in the code as well. Anyone else have this issue? I have ran the same code on a different tablet (may be a different version of android I cant remember) without this issue.

upload_2022-6-14_10-3-3.png

I have also tried some code I found on stack overflow. And chosen the directory my file is located. This also did not work.
upload_2022-6-14_10-4-46.png

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones