• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD to Phone, without computer

azu

Lurker
Sep 8, 2011
I need to transfer images from a SD card, to a mobile, without the use of a computer (or micro/wireless SD cards).

So I'm wondering if there is any way of connecting an SD card as external memory to an Android phone?

Or any application which would allow me to connect my phone, and camera together, take the photo on the camera and its sent direct to the phone?

Thanks in advance for any help

I need to transfer images from a SD card, to a mobile, without the use of a computer (or micro/wireless SD cards).

So I'm wondering if there is any way of connecting an SD card as external memory to an Android phone?

Or any application which would allow me to connect my phone, and camera together, take the photo on the camera and its sent direct to the phone?

Thanks in advance for any help
Just find the images on the sd card and copy/move them to the phone using a file manager.

Upvote 0
Just find the images on the sd card and copy/move them to the phone using a file manager.

Thanks for the response, but that's not possible without connecting to the card externally, as it's not a Micro SD so it is not inside the phone.

I'm asking if there's a way to connect the card externally, using an adapter without any use of a computer.

Even a SD to Micro SD copier would be fine, if I could find one..

Upvote 0
I don't think there is any phone which uses the SD form factor, so I don't think you're likely to find such an adapter.

Does the camera have bluetooth or some other wireless protocol?

If not, does it have any internal memory? If it does, try putting the pictures in the internal memory, put the microSD card in an SD adapter, put the adapter in the camera, and then copy from the internal memory. You might then be able to put the microSD back in your phone and see the images.

Upvote 0

Not without soldering.
To be read the SD card needs a reader. To get what's read onto the phone you need a connection. Without either it's a no-go.

Eye-Fi cards work wirelessly with computers. Mail the devs to find out if it will work with your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones