1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General SD unmount randomly issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yamaharacer, Jan 18, 2014.

1. yamaharacer

yamaharacer Newbie
    None

Oct 14, 2012
    he folks trying to get a general consensus as to what you guys think of this, I have a HTC one SV and it's randomly getting a SD card unmount problem. this started out of nowhere. not after a fall or abuse etc. I'm pretty careful with my phone. 99% of the time I'm not even touching the phone when it gets this error. also if I restart the phone (not power off) it mounts and is working again.

I doubt it's the slot of the phone because I'm not using the phone every time I get the error. I did drop it from 3 feet last night onto carpet and it didn't give me the error. I've also kind of smacked it with my hand a few times and tap it on a table to see what happens and it never gives me the error.

you guys think the SD card is dying or am I looking at a possible phone or android issue?

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Welcome to Android Forums. I moved this thread to the forum dedicated to your phone.

... Thom

3. yamaharacer

yamaharacer Newbie
    None

Oct 14, 2012
    sorry. I figured it would get more views. I don't think this problem is phone specific. now I"m sure no one will see this. but thanks anyway

4. russellvone

russellvone Android Enthusiast
    None

May 23, 2013
    Male
    fabricator
    I would test a new sdcard, thus issue has never been inquired at any of the HTC OneSV forums....so I would guess it's the card not android or device

Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  5. Kreatur3

Kreatur3 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 4, 2011
    I abuse the hell out of my phone in every way and have never had that issue. When it's something easy to test like tossing in another cheap SD card to test I'd probably try that before asking for help. But that's just me. :)

6. Kreatur3

Kreatur3 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 4, 2011
    I've thrown my phone numerous times. Even threw it across my yard. Landed in the grass but yeah. I beat mine up. Lol.

russellvone likes this.
  7. yamaharacer

yamaharacer Newbie
    None

Oct 14, 2012
    well it's not your average sd card. It's $20 because it's a MUVE music card from cricket. it's made by sandisk and I'm finding a lot of discussions on the net from other people having lots of sandisk SD card failures.

$20 is such a rip off. but cricket is the only place you can get one of these.
    the muve music part of the card is inaccessible and can't be formatted via a computer etc. or I would just get a new kingston SD card from the local computer store for $8.

8. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    My friend got this with his One SV when I was setting it up for him. He had a sandisk 64GB class 10 SDXC card. I returned the card to amazon and got another (well refunded and bought another) and it was fine then. The new one was also the same type of card by sandisk.

I have the same card and mine has been fine. Another friend with the same sandisk card and One SV also has this random unmount issue.

9. russellvone

russellvone Android Enthusiast
    None

May 23, 2013
    Male
    fabricator
    soooooo, you think it's the card?

10. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    probably..i would replace it with a genuine brand new one.
    All these issues have been with sandisk cards as have mine

11. eduardog131

eduardog131 Android Expert
    None

Oct 1, 2013
    Male
    #noneofyourbuisiness
    Houston, TX
    There's an Muve Card update, maybe that'd help :p https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sandisk.shima.fixer

12. yamaharacer

yamaharacer Newbie
    None

Oct 14, 2012
    the card did quit working at all today. even in other people's phones it said it was blank or corrupt file system.
    they gave me a used card at the store but it isn't working either. but it also doesn't work in another phone.:rolleyes: the guy at the store said the new OS will allow me to use a standard card and still be able to use muve music from cricket. before you had to use their muve music card. which was limited to 4 and 8 gig. which it already came formatted giving most of the card to muve. so a 4 gig card was 3 gig muve 1 gig storage. :banghead:

13. titetanium

titetanium Member
    None

Aug 27, 2012
    I had a similar problem, with a kingston 16GB microSD. What I did was took out the card, put it in my laptop and ran scandisk /chk (or was it /f?) on it. Let it complete it and it recovered all but 2 files which I promptly deleted. For good measure, I ran defrag on it (not necessary since it's flash) just to pack it all in a nice tight space. Then ran a quick scandisk once more to make sure no errors were present. Put it back in my phone and it's fine.

It has been a month so far, just saying.....:)

In any case, I made a complete backup of the sdcard, so I can just get a new one and copy all the files on the new one easily.

Tags: