• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD unmount randomly issues

yamaharacer

Oct 14, 2012
he folks trying to get a general consensus as to what you guys think of this, I have a HTC one SV and it's randomly getting a SD card unmount problem. this started out of nowhere. not after a fall or abuse etc. I'm pretty careful with my phone. 99% of the time I'm not even touching the phone when it gets this error. also if I restart the phone (not power off) it mounts and is working again.

I doubt it's the slot of the phone because I'm not using the phone every time I get the error. I did drop it from 3 feet last night onto carpet and it didn't give me the error. I've also kind of smacked it with my hand a few times and tap it on a table to see what happens and it never gives me the error.

you guys think the SD card is dying or am I looking at a possible phone or android issue?

well it's not your average sd card. It's $20 because it's a MUVE music card from cricket. it's made by sandisk and I'm finding a lot of discussions on the net from other people having lots of sandisk SD card failures.

$20 is such a rip off. but cricket is the only place you can get one of these.
the muve music part of the card is inaccessible and can't be formatted via a computer etc. or I would just get a new kingston SD card from the local computer store for $8.

Upvote 0
My friend got this with his One SV when I was setting it up for him. He had a sandisk 64GB class 10 SDXC card. I returned the card to amazon and got another (well refunded and bought another) and it was fine then. The new one was also the same type of card by sandisk.

I have the same card and mine has been fine. Another friend with the same sandisk card and One SV also has this random unmount issue.

Upvote 0
well it's not your average sd card. It's $20 because it's a MUVE music card from cricket. it's made by sandisk and I'm finding a lot of discussions on the net from other people having lots of sandisk SD card failures.

$20 is such a rip off. but cricket is the only place you can get one of these.
the muve music part of the card is inaccessible and can't be formatted via a computer etc. or I would just get a new kingston SD card from the local computer store for $8.

There's an Muve Card update, maybe that'd help :p https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sandisk.shima.fixer

Upvote 0
the card did quit working at all today. even in other people's phones it said it was blank or corrupt file system.
they gave me a used card at the store but it isn't working either. but it also doesn't work in another phone.:rolleyes: the guy at the store said the new OS will allow me to use a standard card and still be able to use muve music from cricket. before you had to use their muve music card. which was limited to 4 and 8 gig. which it already came formatted giving most of the card to muve. so a 4 gig card was 3 gig muve 1 gig storage. :banghead:

Upvote 0
I had a similar problem, with a kingston 16GB microSD. What I did was took out the card, put it in my laptop and ran scandisk /chk (or was it /f?) on it. Let it complete it and it recovered all but 2 files which I promptly deleted. For good measure, I ran defrag on it (not necessary since it's flash) just to pack it all in a nice tight space. Then ran a quick scandisk once more to make sure no errors were present. Put it back in my phone and it's fine.

It has been a month so far, just saying.....:)

In any case, I made a complete backup of the sdcard, so I can just get a new one and copy all the files on the new one easily.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones