• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SDcard Boot looping?

altimax98

Android Enthusiast
Jan 11, 2010
Lakeland Fl
Im having a problem with boot looping on my rooted and rom'd droid. I dont know what happens to make it occur but sometimes after just running the phone it will start and I cant get it to stop. What happens is:
1: Anytime i re-mount my SDcard
2: any time i boot

It will sit there and boot loop. Remounting the card causes the phone to crash to boot animation, and when it trys to start it show 'scanning SDcard" or whatever and then crashes... on the 3rd or 4th time it finally will get working. But it extremely annoying when your adding appps or working on the phone during a call. Does anyone know why this happens?
Somethings i know DONT affect it:

Rom im running - ive had it happen on chevy, pete and adam and stock (FML)
Overclock - Had it happen on stock kernal and OC
Re-Root - Ive SBF'd and it will still occur but randomly
SDcard errors - Windows shows no errors on disk

Its incredibly annoying and the only way ive found to fix it is to do a new nandroid install and its annoying. Anyone got any ideas or fixes or anything?

I've had the same experience. Twice now I've had to wipe and re-format the SD card to get it to read by the phone as after the boot loop stops it won't read the SD card. Verizon said they'd look at the phone if the second re-format didn't fix it. (would have had to SBF back to stock before taking it in, but the re-format worked again). There was some corrupt data on the card in the Android folder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones