• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sdcard Error

Rich98

Feb 22, 2018
I recently started a thread about a problem I was having with backing up my phone. Well I have a new problem now. Out of the blue I go to access my sdcard through my file manager And all of my folders and files are gone. However at the homescreen it states that 87% of the sdcard is used and has content on it or 112gb of 128gb

Is there a way to fix this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221222-191835.png
    Screenshot_20221222-191835.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20221222-192144.png
    Screenshot_20221222-192144.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20221222-192314.png
    Screenshot_20221222-192314.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 41
Well the first thing to try, if you haven't already, is to just restart your phone. A lot of one-off glitches and other such weird incidents can be fixed by just rebooting the phone.
Otherwise, try going into your Settings >> Apps menu, find and open the entry for the file manager app you're using, tap on Force stop and the find and top on Clear cache. Open the file manager app up again to check if that made any difference.

Upvote 0
what phone do you have? what sd card do you have? have you tried using a sd card adapter and hooked it up to a computer? how is the sd card formatted? portable or internal?

Gezz I'm sorry I didn't include that info. I'm a bit upset about this

I have a Moto e5 Android 8.1.0. I have a 128gb Fuji micro SD card. It's set to or formated as portable. I have not yet tried to hook it up to the computer with an adapter. I do have one thou.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Gezz I'm sorry I didn't include that info. I'm a bit upset about this

I have a Moto e5 Android 8.1.0. I have a 128gb Fuji micro SD card. It's set to or formated as portable. I have not yet tried to hook it up to the computer with an adapter. I do have one thou.
i would try @svim's suggestions first. then try hooking up the sd card to the computer.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Well the first thing to try, if you haven't already, is to just restart your phone. A lot of one-off glitches and other such weird incidents can be fixed by just rebooting the phone.
Otherwise, try going into your Settings >> Apps menu, find and open the entry for the file manager app you're using, tap on Force stop and the find and top on Clear cache. Open the file manager app up again to check if that made any difference.

That did not make a difference. I will put it in the computer with the adapter.

Upvote 0
Just a thought, are you enabling file transfer mode when you plug it in to the computer? I can't remember which iteration of Android implemented this, but when you plug your phone in, it's in charge only mode and you manually have to enable the option to access the files. Just going from memory here, I believe a notification pops up on the phone and you can switch modes there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones