1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

SDK Eclipse update problem!

Discussion in 'Application Development' started by CJ2875, Jan 3, 2010.

1. CJ2875

CJ2875 New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    I just updated the adv's, but Eclipse is giving me this error message when I try to run a project file:

The connection to adb is down, and a severe error has occured.
    You must restart adb and Eclipse.
    Please ensure that adb is correctly located at '/Users/******/Documents/workspace/android-sdk-mac_x86-1.5_r3/tools/adb' and can be executed.

What should I do?

Advertisement

2. OldManFromTheSea

OldManFromTheSea New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Right here
    Hey CJ,

Have you located a resolution to this yet? I'm running into the same issues. I am running on a new install of Windows 7. I've followed the recommendations from http://androidforums.com/developer-...clipse-android-sdk-windows-xp.html#post299367 and still keep getting this error. I've gone as far as removing eclipse and the Android SDK. Then rebooted and re-installed per the instructions and still no luck.

I've looked at the Google Group 'Android Developers' at Android Developers | Google Groups and still no luck in finding what is configured/setup wrong.

I have manipulated the adb directly with start-server, kill-server. Attempted to debug after starting the emulator and nothing seems to work.

Developing for J2ME wasn't this difficult to setup. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.