• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SDK question??

I have downloaded SDK, and the drivers needed to root. The problem is, when I go to update the drivers....it keeps saying that Windows cant find the file....:-( ..... When it gives me the choice to "browse" for the driver....It gives me 2 choices in the "drivers" folder, neither of which can I click on....it only lets me click on the actual folder called " usb drivers"....then I get the " cant find hardware" message again... WTF am I doing wrong?? This may sound like a stupid question, but, do I need to fully install the PB00img.zip first ( and power up holding vol down) ??
Any help would be great?
Also , when I open SDK setup, I get a pop up with the command prompt screen...but it wont let me type anything??
Sorry for being a total noob.... I am just fascinated with all the stuff I can do with this phone, and reall want to customize it.. Thanks for any and all help in advance...:cool:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones