1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SDX Acclaim 2.2 ROOT and many other options!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kendalja, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Kendalja

Kendalja Lurker

Over at SDX-DEVELOPERS we have a rooted kernel for 2.2 (Froyo) and many other goodies! Stop on over and check out what we have done and ask questions :)

Acclaim - Android 2.2

cwill0303 likes this.
  2. cwill0303

cwill0303 Member

SDX has the best site for making the Acclaim a phone you can appreciate!

3. Bat~man

Bat~man Well-Known Member

The root method for the acclaim seems kinda iffy... is that the only way to do it?

I'm using an EVO so I'm good, but, my mom bought an acclaim and it is the biggest piece of crap android phone I have ever played with. I'm hoping by rooting it and installing a custom kernel that I can straighten out the lag and speed up the god awful slow .. well.. everything.

It is 100% stock and I installed 2.2 for her a while back if that matters.

4. cwill0303

cwill0303 Member

I have done it on two acclaims and it has made the phone a hundred times better. I havent had any issues, if you can follow directions, then you shouldnt either. Everyone is very helpful over there too. Try it out, and if you dont like how it goes, then you can always flash back to stock 2.2 and be right back to normal. Good luck!

5. Bat~man

Nice, I honestly didn't expect a reply lol. Much appreciated. I rooted my EVO with no issues ..so

I'm not too worried about the process, it's just that it isn't my phone so I'm extra paranoid. I read that if you don't delete all the right files it will brick your phone... so yea.

I'll keep reading up tho, thanks again.

6. cwill0303

cwill0303 Member

Basically when you use the flash program, copying and removing tar files, you have to make sure you follow those directions to the "T" and you should be just fine.

Bat~man likes this.
  7. Bat~man

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely check it out.

8. cwill0303

cwill0303 Member

No problem, It will be worth it! Plus the people over there are very good about helping any way they can. I asked one of the dev's a question today and got a response back within the hour

Samsung Acclaim Forum

The Samsung Acclaim release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews