1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SE official dual touch VS XDA dual touch

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tdiddy1987, Feb 5, 2011.

1. tdiddy1987

tdiddy1987 Newbie

does anyone know if the SE official dual touch update will work with/ mess up the xda multi touch uprgade?
    i feel like ive been searching for the answer for a week, ive asked the question 4 times on 3 forums, and nobody has answered me
    does nobody know?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. baz@gmx.co.uk

baz@gmx.co.uk Well-Known Member

i think the update will overwrite the xda files, as i believe they both flash the kernal.sin

3. CuBz

CuBz Android Expert

You can install the SE DT update over the XDA DT update you currently have. I did this with no problems

tadhara likes this.
  4. highaltitude

highaltitude Well-Known Member

I found the Dual Touch to work waaaayyy better from SE and works with all the stuff that I have so far tried it with. The XDA dual touch never worked right for me, even though I used the multi-touch app to test that it in fact got installed.

5. MJ_QaT

MJ_QaT Newbie

True, SE multi-touch is better than XDA's
    the fact that SE adds the pinch-and-zoom feature in for pictures, and pinch-and-forward for music in Mediascape is cool and easy to use

6. Wisenos

Wisenos Android Enthusiast

i'm sad AT&T got it before Rogers lol

7. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Android Enthusiast

im unbranded and rooted on t mob, does anyone know when this dual touch update from se is coming. ive checked ota and on the computer but it keeps saying software up to date any help

ric

8. Merolas

Merolas Android Enthusiast

Will we ever have it? our 2.1 release is still stuck on the original .504

9. highaltitude

highaltitude Well-Known Member

Lol, actually I am on Global Generic 2.1 so it wasn't really straight from AT&T it came from SE

10. charlyee

charlyee Android Enthusiast

Don't be, at&t hasn't rolled out any 2.1 and most doubt they ever will.:)

11. Superbrowndude

Superbrowndude Well-Known Member

Could someone please post a link to the sony dual touch link please.

12. arkangeluk

How do you check the secret menu on 2.1 (i can't remember the sequence lol) think I'm global generic but I want to check. where is this st update

ric

13. MJ_QaT

MJ_QaT Newbie

home, back, back, home, back, home, home, back

you have to do it on the lock screen

arkangeluk likes this.
  14. MJ_QaT

MJ_QaT Newbie

usually you get it with the update ( latest of course ) from SEUS

15. arkangeluk

thanks, just tried it and yes global generic but still seus is telling me nothing to update, that i have the latest software

ric

16. tdiddy1987

tdiddy1987 Newbie

what does this do?

17. kevmars

kevmars Member

im getting the same. i am just waiting an voda uk to get back to me to find out what settings and version i should be on. Im also waiting for SE to get back to me aswell on the same issues.

18. kevmars

kevmars Member

Just had this reply from SE themselves about the next update for the x10

Dear Kevin Marson,
    Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson support centre.

We can confirm that the Sony Ericsson X10 will receive an over the air software update which will allow a Pinch to Zoom feature quite similar to multi-touch on your handset which will then enable you to Pinch/Zoom in the web browser and also- Pinch/Zoom in Google Maps.
    There will also be support within third party applications but because of the limitations of the handset not all of these will work as desired when the update is released.
    The update has now been released for all generic UK handset however when you receive the update is dependant upon your network operator.
    For more in-depth information on the update to enable these features please follow the link below to our Sony Ericsson Product Blog page that will give you the full information on what we have planned:
    http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2011/02/01/next-update-for-the-xperia-x10-and-x8-family/.

Reading through a few other blogs they aint rushing to get this out. But there again are they just trying to fill us with hope?????

Superbrowndude likes this.
  19. MJ_QaT

MJ_QaT Newbie

Generic UK update always come later than other regions' update, it's because here (UK) they do more tests and take more time to approve the software, but hopefully it will be released very soon.
    my guess is less than a week

and regarding the secret menu, it shows information about your phone, for example what firmware you are using and is your phone branded or not..

For you who cannot wait, you can always change the build.prop to have 1232-9897 then you'll receive the latest update via SUES

20. wynney666

wynney666 Android Enthusiast

I am UK Generic, and Today my phone has told me theres an Update.
    I have already added the xda kernal for Dual Touch.
    Should i do the SE update?
    Will this Format my phone? Would i have any proplems as i already have the XDA (Binary) Kernal??

21. Superbrowndude

Does anyone know the direct download link or to the file ?

22. MJ_QaT

MJ_QaT Newbie

I'm not sure if the UK generic is out yet or not, I'm on Global Generic,

however, this update is a false notification, basically it's because you have the XDA dual-touch kernal that makes the SEUS think that you need to update,
    if you did update it, your X10 will have the same version you are currently having except with no root and JIT ( if installed )

so my advice is to wait until the UK generic is out or at least you are sure it will update to the newer version

23. MJ_QaT

MJ_QaT Newbie

Which file?

24. Superbrowndude

For the Sony Dual Touch,or is it just implemented through a entire firmware update ?

25. MJ_QaT

MJ_QaT Newbie

Yes, though the entire firmware update, it will not wipe your data as well so you don't have to worry. But make a back up just in case :D

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews