1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Se x8

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kitkat68, Sep 19, 2011.

1. kitkat68

kitkat68 Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    hi, can anyone help me. I have a se x8 with 3 on a 2 year contract. 3 months into contract phone crashed while taking a phone call. Phone will still charge, switch on, can still do all functions except make or receive call and texts. Just comes up no service. Phoned 3 who said it may be software and sent it in to them. Was then told it was cracked usb port and then was damaged circuit board caused by phone being dropped or crushed (which it has not been). eventually got phone back and can still charge and turn on and use except make or receive calls and texts. Took to independant repair shop and guy said phone didnt look as if had been opened up to be looked at. Screws and clips looked untouched. Said it should still be covered by warranty if faulty. Anyone have any comments for me.

Advertisement

2. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
  3. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Android Expert
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    I would advise doing as rosered recommends, you may also wish to request evidence of the damage from the repair agent that performed the assessment and perhaps get a second opinion from another authorised repair agent.