• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Search broken on Android 4.0.3?

ottgrims

Lurker
Jul 16, 2011
I have used google search as a convenient methode to locate and start applications installed on my Samsung Galaxy S2. After I upgraded to 4.0.3 this no longer seem to work. I have installed apps ticked in settings, but the search only give me local contacts and webpages, not apps.

Is this a known bug? Is there any way to fix this? Is there any other convenient app for easy locating and launching installed apps without having to manually search the pages with icons of all installed apps?

I have used google search as a convenient methode to locate and start applications installed on my Samsung Galaxy S2. After I upgraded to 4.0.3 this no longer seem to work. I have installed apps ticked in settings, but the search only give me local contacts and webpages, not apps.

Is this a known bug? Is there any way to fix this? Is there any other convenient app for easy locating and launching installed apps without having to manually search the pages with icons of all installed apps?

Do you have apps selected in Searchable Items in settings?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones