1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support search company name in contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Paulussie, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Paulussie

Paulussie New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Hi,

After using de SGS for a week now (and what a delight it is after 2 years of HTC+WM6) I am getting more and more confused by the search feature in the contacts database.

After initially moving all my contacts from WM to Gmail and from there to the Samsung I found that I could not reliably search all contact data on the phone. If I searched for a company name I did get some, but not all contacts belonging to that company.

After searching on this forum and elsewhere I read that only name fields were searched. But that is not completely true, for I have a number of contacts that have a company name that IS found in a search for that name. (and no, the company name is not in the name field, but in the company field where it belongs ;))

Even more confusing is that if I edit a contact that is initially found, and save it, the search no longer finds the company. And even stranger, this happens if I edit any field in that contact, e.g. the name field, and leave the company field alone.

So I began to wonder:

- Why can I find some company names while most here seem to agree that that should be impossible?

- Am I the only one with this problem?

Maybe superfluous: I am only using the synced contacts from my Gmail account and no local ones.

Regards,

Paul

Advertisement

2. emdoe

emdoe New Member

Aug 18, 2010
    I had to do sync with Kies to import all my contacts from Outlook since I had a few other issues with Contacts sync from Google account. Try that see if that helps.