1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Search contents of one's note like Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ifb-online, Apr 25, 2012.

1. ifb-online

ifb-online Android Enthusiast

One of the features I really like about Windows 7 is the indexed search capability. This turns your files and documents into a big free-form database that can be key word searched from the start menu. Is there anything like this pre-installed on the Note or downloadable as an app? I'd really like one place to type in key words to find emails, text messages and documents, etc.

Ian

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mpw

mpw Android Expert

Not quite as powerful as spotlight or the indexing in W7, but Astro is a great file manager that'll let you search file names for keywords

3. zc1

zc1 Well-Known Member

Aurora Universal Search will do most of what you're asking (except searching email messages). Power Search will supposedly search your email, google docs, twitter, etc as well, but you have to enter your logon information into the app...which I wasn't keen on doing.

ifb-online likes this.
  4. ifb-online

ifb-online Android Enthusiast

Actually, I worked out that Google Search will search some content on the phone, including text messages, but not messages on the stock email client.I have installed Aurora Universal Pro and it looks nice - but why won't it search my emails? I will try Aurora for a while and see how I get on with it.

I think I tried Power Search. I may have another look though.

Ian

PS Power Search was still on the phone - in Preferences there is reference to an email account but I can't configure it. It would only let me configure a Twitter account.

5. zc1

zc1 Well-Known Member

I don't think Aurora was supposed to be able to search email. I don't have it any more. I checked the Google Play page and it doesn't mention email searching.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews