• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Search contents of one's note like Windows 7?

One of the features I really like about Windows 7 is the indexed search capability. This turns your files and documents into a big free-form database that can be key word searched from the start menu. Is there anything like this pre-installed on the Note or downloadable as an app? I'd really like one place to type in key words to find emails, text messages and documents, etc.

Ian

Actually, I worked out that Google Search will search some content on the phone, including text messages, but not messages on the stock email client.I have installed Aurora Universal Pro and it looks nice - but why won't it search my emails? I will try Aurora for a while and see how I get on with it.

I think I tried Power Search. I may have another look though.

Ian

PS Power Search was still on the phone - in Preferences there is reference to an email account but I can't configure it. It would only let me configure a Twitter account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones