• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Search History I did not do.

slimjim

Lurker
Aug 11, 2017
I just lost my job, the search history in either Android or Google showed explicit sites I never visited, it showed explicit viewed images I never viewed, the ones they showed me was while I was asleep, Samsung Tablet and/or Kyocera Android Phone not in use by me at that time they printed out, both were sitting idle in either my work van or idle at my home. Tech support at work has access to update all our devices anytime, they can log into them, also told bosses numerous times it seemed like my phone and tablet was cloned or hacked. Most of the time I leave them powered on and charging in my work van, van door unlocked, tablet and phone had no screen lock on them. Sometimes charging off my USB on my home computer, It also showed a Geo tag of my home address they said that the searches were done from my home while I was asleep, I use the Google maps for work GPS and maps, it showed searches from July 24th, 2017 from 11:04 pm until 12:50 am on papers they gave me, they said they had more suspicious searches too. A work night when I'm in bed by 10 pm or earlier. All phones have a common work Android account, Company Name:_ _ _ _ _ _ _ @Android or something like that, all employees use one common same password to log into work devices, all Employees use same passwords for Google Play store and Gmail, All Employees use same Password for the company email, all employees use same Password for shop WiFi, I did have devices linked to any open WiFi or Wifi at bars or clubs that offered free WiFi. I did have my Gmail on the work devices also for GPS and email until figured out how to use the company email. I only ever searched on Google for work related searches, I can not figure out how these searches showed up on the work devices, I have never ever even viewed these sites or pictures on my personal computers. But my personal computers/tablets/phone are used by others sometimes. Could they have synced with someone else search history. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Their young Tech guys says it is all concrete and reason for discharge from my job.

Sounds very unfair, particularly when they used shared passwords. That's insecure and lacks trace-ability. And it's technically possible for someone to log in remotely to your computer. I would pursue a case for unfair dismal.
I would be logged into work only stuff and it would pop up all the time, you have been logged out, you are logged in from a different location or device. But no one cared when I complained that my devices were acting weird. I got tired of it one time, went into my work devices, changed the password, it knocked the whole company off the devices.

Upvote 0
Think found culprit of how it happened, I guess when I plugged work device into my desktop computer, to save all the work pictures off it, it synced Google Maps and Sharing. Because I had my Gmail on work devices. I just went into my Google maps on my messed up home computer which it my main WiFi for my house and I leave it run all the time, found a history button in Google Maps, it shows all kinds of explicit crap, my desktop computer has been acting weird a long time so I hardly ever use it, I use my phone and tablet mostly, never barely use my desktop, unless trying to fix it or saving pictures off my phones or tablets, because only thing I have with enough memory or big enough hard drive to save them to, I have tried to run virus scans and malware scans on my home desktop, but it won't let me, so apparently somehow it sync the Google Maps history of images from search History and all the crap to my work devices, use the 3 bars at top left, on main page Google maps, a drop down menu appears, History is at bottom, which I assume they can see on their tech desktops or in the Android devices somehow. If you go into Activity Controls on Google Maps main page all are turned on, not sure how and have never seen this in maps before, does not show an Activity Control in Google Maps on my personal android tablet or phone. So they think I used their devices to search that crap. When somehow it synced to my work Android Devices. How can I prove this. I know 100% I never searched any of those sites off their two devices, I get all kinds of crap popping up on my desktop, but close it, but still shows as a search. Grrrrrrrr.

Reactions: kingsheets76
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones