• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Search or Menu button on Nexus 4? (for K-9 email search)

billdz

Jan 7, 2013
Hello,

I just installed K-9 mail. It is said that this has an email search feature, but I could not find it. Google searches indicated that the way to initiate a search is to press the Search button or to press Menu then Search.

The Nexus 4 does not have a Search button and I cannot seem to find the Menu > Search.

Could someone help me figure out how to search the mail with this phone?

Thanks,
b

I don't have K9 mail but it is possible that it has not been updated for JB phones without hardware buttons?

Sometimes the (3 dots) menu button is in the top right corner in some apps so I would look there too.
Hardware buttons were eliminated with the Gnex on ICS. Even most phones developed after ICS don't have a capacitive button for search either. It depends on the phone model.

In that case maybe the app is not updated for Android 4.x.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones