1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General search results intercepted?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dbrookes, Jan 6, 2012.

1. dbrookes

dbrookes Newbie
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    So my company's web filter blocks google search results on my GN when connected to wifi. I can go to Google, but any results are blocked. The IT department is convinced the reason for the block is that it's using a proxy. As a confirmation https://google.com's search results aren't blocked. The weird part is the same thing happens with bing. I can find no proxy setup parameters anywhere in any settings.

In a post carrierIQ world, I'm wondering if Verizon is snatching our search results.

-D.

Advertisement

2. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    NC
    There are proxy settings. I don't know how you would have a proxy set up without, er, setting it up.

But here you go:

Pull Down Notifications > Settings (in the middle) > WiFi > Long Press your network > Modify > check Show advanced options > Proxy settings

If nothing else, it might prove to your IT dept that you are not using a proxy.

3. dbrookes

dbrookes Newbie
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    Sure enough, no proxy. I also got a clean bill of health from lookout, not that I'd expect any trouble with the few apps I've downloaded in the short time I've had the GN.
    --D.

Tags: