1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

searching for GPS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by faberzinho, Aug 19, 2012.

1. faberzinho

faberzinho Newbie

Hey guys, i'm having trouble with my navigation system which stopped working a few days ago... it only shows "SEARCHING FOR GPS". I just did a factory reset and still doesn't works, any tips?

thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. faberzinho

faberzinho Newbie

has anyone yet come with an answer?
    i'm seeing a lot of people complaining about the same problem.... c'mmon google!!!

3. mapamintuan

mapamintuan Lurker

If you guys are using capdase alumor or anything similar to it (aluminum casing), try to use your GPS without the case. It was what caused my issue with GPS.

4. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Android Enthusiast

No problems with GPS for me on ICS4.0.4.

5. faberzinho

faberzinho Newbie

i'm running 4.0.3 and it stopped working, i have no idea... i think i have a problem with my gps hardware, is this even possible?

6. PiscesCloud

PiscesCloud Android Enthusiast

Have you tried the 'GPS Test' app? It should show the position of the Sats, signal strength etc and this may help you decide whether the hardware has failed. I would be interested to hear how you get on.

7. faberzinho

faberzinho Newbie

i have tried the gps test app but it didn't show me any gps, i'm beginning to think that it's a hardware failure

8. PiscesCloud

PiscesCloud Android Enthusiast

If I run GPS test near the inside wall of our living room it starts off with 'GPS Status' showing 'GPS On' and the indicator is yellow. After 30 seconds or so there is typically 10 - 13 Sats 'In View' and the same 'In Use' with SNR in the range of 10 - 20. The 'GPS Status' indicator then becomes green. I guess your device is still in warranty so why not talk to your supplier and/or Samsung?

9. Pako_Jood

Pako_Jood Lurker

If you have not found a solution yet, I have a Galaxy Note N7000...
    Go to Settings

10. vice86

vice86 Well-Known Member

yeah, after using the Liquid Smooth rom and then goign back to ICS i always get Searching For GPS using Google Nav now...you can imagine how enraging it is to be goign soemwhere and the nav not working.

11. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer

I'd suggest trying to reset your A-GPS status with an app like 'GPS Status & Toolbox'. And remember GPS needs a direct view of the sky.

@vice86, sounds like a kernel issue. Have you tried another (or stock) kernel?

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews