1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Searching for text app that doesn't require receiver to have the app download as well

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Commik, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Commik

Commik Lurker

I have been looking for a good couple hours for a Free Texting app (not concerned about a call feature) that lets you text people who do not have the same Free Text app downloaded. So far no luck. I know of Google Voice (which doesn't receive messages if the phone is off) and of the instant messengers i.e. yahoo, facebook, gmail, etc. Though those may work to a degree my question is strictly based on a down loadable app for android that allows you to text anyone over wifi without them needing the same app. If you have heard of one please do let me know! Thanks much!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Welcome to AF! :)

Not used it myself, but Text+ might do the job for you?

3. Commik

Commik Lurker

Thank you for the welcome El Presidente! Unfortunately, Text+ requires receiver to have it installed as well.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Ah, sorry! I was going by their market description:

Does this look more promising? Text Me!

5. justtom

justtom Android Enthusiast

you are incorrect Text+ does the job well. Receiver does not need to have it.I recommend that you D/load it and try it out.

6. pdl2mtl90

pdl2mtl90 Member

I know for a fact that the receiver does not need the app. All 3 of my daughter's use Text+ on the Kindle Fire to send texts to many people that have dumb phones.

7. marduk021374

marduk021374 Lurker

yes textme is good, i suggest textme

8. marduk021374

marduk021374 Lurker

i am sure they all work about the same, but i prefer textme it gives u a new number for texting plus its international text for free really works