1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Searching pictures

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ashido, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Ashido

Ashido Active Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I remember watching a commercial or seeing something about this phone where you could take a picture of lets say a math problem and then search it up on google. Is this true and is it an app that all android OS phones can use?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Blackrad11

Blackrad11 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Peoria, ILL
    yes i will look for it i just seen it last night on a youtube video

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Accountant and semi-pro poker player
    Upstate NY
    Try google Goggles maybe?

4. upther

upther Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Micco, FL
    Google Goggles is exactly what you're looking for.

5. Ashido

Ashido Active Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Good thanks guys, I just wanted to prove to my friend that it is not exclusive to the Droid Incredible since he is trying to use it as a reason not to make a future purchase for the Droid X.

6. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    NC
    Yep, sounds like Google Googles.

Google Googles (free on the Market) will scan whatever you take a picture of (you have to be in the app first, before taking the picture) and try to guess what you'd like to do next.

If you take a picture of a painting, it will return information about the painting, artist, ect.

If you take a picture of a sign in German, there will be an option that says, "Translate". if you choose that, it determines what language the sign is in and translates it for you.

I haven't tried it, but it seems like a reasonable guess that if you take a picture of a math problem, it will search for it just as if you had typed the math problem into the Google search box yourself.

[edit]
    I really do know better than to type, walk away for a few minutes, come back, and press "Submit" without checking for new posts first. Honest.
    [/edit]