1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Searching Problem AndroidForums.com

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by maggieo, Sep 18, 2011.

1. maggieo

maggieo Member

Every search I do on this site, the "searching" symbol comes up, but it never stops or finds anything. Is it something wrong with my computer or is anyone else having this problem? I have not had it until this weekend. I have no trouble with searches on other sites. Hmmm. Thanks! I'm trying to find out how to open a .log attachment on my droid. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Moving to the suggestions box and feedback section.

What's your exact search criteria? You maybe being too specific or too vague.

3. maggieo

maggieo Member

I thought maybe I was being too specific so I just put in maggie which would normall find my posts and same thing.. other things - I am trying to find something to open a .log file with - so I have put that in as well as the "error" several times - such as: can't open .log files; now I can't get my phone to even try to open the attachment so I can tell you the error, which I searched exactly.. but also, I save one of the files and got message: no applications can perform this action - so I searched on that as well.. so if you can search - it must be something with my pc I guess.. although I search this forum all the time!! Thanks though.. for answering!

4. El Presidente

VIP Member

There are a couple of logcat file viewers on the market, not sure if they would pick up a specific file you select though.

Re the searching thing, have you tried the normal things, clearing cache and cookies etc?

5. maggieo

maggieo Member

Thanks re the logcat idea - I'll check the market. .meantime, I had NOT done the "usual" things.. DUH - however, I just did them and they didn't help.. I closed/re-opened my IE, but I didn't restart.. I'll try that.. weird.. must just be me - but this is the only android forum I am a user on :) so I do need my search to work! I have to hit the hay.. I will restart and report back tomorrow.. thanks very much..

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

I'm not really sure why that's happening. But I assume you're using the search button on the bright blue/cyan nav bar, right? That one searches all three phandroid sites at once. Just below that, on the bar that includes 'quick links' and 'logout' should be a button that says search, that one searches the forum only and will probably work.

7. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN

I see this a lot and have brought it up to Rob. Thanks for the feedback! The more complaints the higher the priority will be for a fix.

8. maggieo

maggieo Member

I don't see two different search boxes/buttons.. I'm using the one on the right.. there's a while box on the turquoise blue (not the darker blue) that says "search" in black print to the right of it, and it's right above where it says "Welcome, maggieo. You last visited:... etc.." I am still having the problem.. I cleaned all my temp files, cookies, etc in IE8 and restarted and still have the problem.. I don't have a search box BELOW where it says quick links and log off.. I just have "space" there that's above the forum questions.. So I guess I'm using the "upper" one - but I don't have two.. Maybe I used to? Should I have two search boxes? I don't even have another broswer on my PC... I could get one.. but this is something that just started..

9. El Presidente

VIP Member

Fear my paint skillz :p

[​IMG]

Try using the lower of the 2 I've circled, if you have have it? See if that helps.

Xyro likes this.
  10. maggieo

maggieo Member

COOL! THANK YOU! That works great. I didn't even see it in there - and I couldn't past a screen shot in here!! Thanks again!!

11. El Presidente

VIP Member

No problem, hope you find what you're looking for now. :)