• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sears selling the EVO for $189.99

I am not eligible until August, but I just placed my order with them.
I am awaiting Sprint approval. I'll keep you all informed.
There was no question about eligibility, etc. I HAD to upgrade my family plan to the $129 1500 shared plan, which I was going to do anyway, so no problem there.
I paid $19.99 for standard overnite shipping, and no taxes were added to the order.

I was assured there would be no ETF for my other contract, etc.

Ron

Upvote 0
Wirefly had the EVO at $169 at midnight on the 4th. I am eligible for the upgrade, but it would never left me complete the order. On the morning of the 4th, I called Wirefly because the price had increased to $189 (but I still couldn't buy it). The rep. told me that Sprint does not allow them to do any upgrades before the 2 year contract is completely up. I quizzed him about how Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc. could do it yet he could not. He said he couldn't explain it, but if I had any time on the 2 year contract left, he couldn't sell me the phone.

????

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones