1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sears selling the EVO for $189.99

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by travisr528, Jun 4, 2010.

1. travisr528

travisr528 Android Enthusiast

2. travisr528

Yep

3. erikivy

erikivy Well-Known Member

Nice find! That price includes free shipping as well.

4. deneem4

deneem4 Lurker

and from the looks of it theyre letting you get it for $189 without contract eligibility

5. Studlee

Studlee Lurker

Anyone know if you can pick it up in store for that price or only online?

6. sanjsrik

sanjsrik Member

This isn't sears, it's wirefly.

7. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member

I'm showing its new accounts only...

"after instant discount with a new Sprint account"

Not a bad deal, but for $10, would it be worth it to wait a few extra days?

8. Jordus

Jordus Android Enthusiast

A sears rep flat out told me not to buy the phone for 189 because next month the price will be better! /sarcasm

9. bryanheath

bryanheath Well-Known Member

Is there some catch like terminating your original contract? Has anyone done this?

10. verhobb

verhobb Lurker

I noticed that if you pick existing customer that the price still stays 189.99!? Does this mean that they will not check upgrade eligibility for existing customers? In the fine print it says "other restrictions apply."

11. x0x

x0x Android Enthusiast

Haha, nice one!

12. travisr528

Wish I knew stuff, but I haven't really looked at the details. I got my EVO this morning. Wish I would have known, I found it by accident because I work for sears, but in service not retail.Could have got a discount on my EVO, but oh well.

13. Bat~man

Bat~man Well-Known Member

hmm anyone tried this as a customer that isnt eligible

14. deneem4

deneem4 Lurker

i put my number in and im not eligible but it still registered as 189 i didnt finish checking out cause i want to get it today n the only option they have is shipping

15. rcubed3r

rcubed3r Member

I am not eligible until August, but I just placed my order with them.
    I am awaiting Sprint approval. I'll keep you all informed.
    There was no question about eligibility, etc. I HAD to upgrade my family plan to the $129 1500 shared plan, which I was going to do anyway, so no problem there.
    I paid $19.99 for standard overnite shipping, and no taxes were added to the order.

I was assured there would be no ETF for my other contract, etc.

Ron

16. Bat~man

Well I placed the order, it says it will ship after approval from sprint.

I'm guessing once they see I'm not eligible that it won't go through

17. Bat~man

Just checked my account, they definitely deducted the money....hopefully it won't be a friggin hassle to get it back if sprint doesn't approve.

18. Bat~man

Sprint said I was not eligible so canceled the order

19. ShoxV

ShoxV Member

fixed, shows the price as 479.99 without contract now.

20. rcubed3r

rcubed3r Member

Yup, same here:

Sprint has informed us that you have not had the minimum 22 consecutive months of service on this Sprint/Nextel phone as required for this offer

I even asked the guy on the phone about being a couple of months shy on my 22 months, and he said the price was still $189...

Ron

21. rcubed3r

rcubed3r Member

I don't see that anything is fixed. It still rings up as $189 with a contract extension.

22. bryanheath

bryanheath Well-Known Member

I almost pulled the trigger. However I have bad blood for Wirefily and I am told is thier parent company. I hope this works out for everyone :) I will wait until OCT 1 and visit best buy worse case. Or maybe a newer next gen phone will be out by then LOL

23. ellykay

ellykay Newbie

Wirefly had the EVO at $169 at midnight on the 4th. I am eligible for the upgrade, but it would never left me complete the order. On the morning of the 4th, I called Wirefly because the price had increased to $189 (but I still couldn't buy it). The rep. told me that Sprint does not allow them to do any upgrades before the 2 year contract is completely up. I quizzed him about how Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc. could do it yet he could not. He said he couldn't explain it, but if I had any time on the 2 year contract left, he couldn't sell me the phone.

????

24. wazzap1101

wazzap1101 Member

Sear really isn't a deal considering the charges and shipping. Plus if you order over the phone, they ask for your SSN, which is complete bull...

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews