• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Second Core

lEquin0xl

Android Enthusiast
Sep 27, 2012
I'm having a little trouble getting my second core to run. I flashed the anthrax kernel from a guide in this forum and I noticed slight lag and all so I thought I flashed an old kernel? The about phone says this uploadfromtaptalk1354485911082.jpg. So I went to the anthrax site, registered, and got approved but I can't seem to navigate myself around the site to find the kernel version I should download. Now I want to turn on my second core whenever I feel like it, is it possible? Like a widget switch to turn it on and off?

I'm having a little trouble getting my second core to run. I flashed the anthrax kernel from a guide in this forum and I noticed slight lag and all so I thought I flashed an old kernel? The about phone says this View attachment 44458. So I went to the anthrax site, registered, and got approved but I can't seem to navigate myself around the site to find the kernel version I should download. Now I want to turn on my second core whenever I feel like it, is it possible? Like a widget switch to turn it on and off?

yep... get kernel tunner and theres a button on the bottom that turns second core on...
edit: looks like prinny beat me too it... props... heres the link if you need it... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rs.pedjaapps.KernelTuner

Reactions: lEquin0xl
Upvote 0
Yeah. Anthrax kernels will make the 2nd core sleep when it's not needed and will enable once the demand calls for it. It's more for power saving. I've literally experienced NO lag anywhere with MobsterROM lite and the latest anthrax, 1.56 GHz, lag free and SIO. Best set up I've had so far with everything working. I'm gonna stick with this set up until my Nexus 4 comes in.

Upvote 0
I'm having a little trouble getting my second core to run. I flashed the anthrax kernel from a guide in this forum and I noticed slight lag and all so I thought I flashed an old kernel? The about phone says this View attachment 44458. So I went to the anthrax site, registered, and got approved but I can't seem to navigate myself around the site to find the kernel version I should download. Now I want to turn on my second core whenever I feel like it, is it possible? Like a widget switch to turn it on and off?

Definitely an old kernel....
qy8equ4y.jpg

The newest kernel 3.7.0 can be found in the OP of chads anthrax'd cm10 thread

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones