1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Second Guessing Android

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Android Question

I am going to try and create a totally unbiased opinion here. As a child i've always had apple products. When the iPhone came out I was ecstatic, I've been with Apple until the Samsung released the GS. I was hooked. Ever since that I've only had android phones. I had a GS3, Nexus 4, HTC One, and now I have an M8. My school requires students to use iPads, and at home I use a Macbook and an Imac. Android is the only non-Apple device that I use on a daily basis. iOS 8 just came out and Apple will be releasing Yosemite in the coming days. From what I see, Apple and Android are closer than ever. To boil it all down, for the first time in years I'm contemplating on buying an iPhone. I understand the disadvantages of an iOS device and the restrictions, but there is one major benefit that it has over Android-- a clean ecosystem. All of the Apple products today work seamlessly, and that is a major selling point in my eyes. I'm torn and guilty that I want want to go back to an iPhone. I'm going to wait and see what Google has to offer with Android L before making any big decisions. Any ideas

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

There's no right or wrong, and nothing to feel guilty about. You just have to choose what works best for you.

Personally I use a Mac as my main computer, though I have Linux and Windows too, and an Android phone. There's also an iPad which I don't use around somewhere, and I have a Kindle which I don't connect to Amazon and only contains DRM-free books. So I don't really care about "ecosystems" as I don't like to lock myself in to any one company (something that's not limited to IT: no 2 pieces of my AV equipment are made by the same company). Therefore how well Apple's products work together, or indeed anyone else's, is irrelevant to me because working across a mix of platforms is one of my requirements. But if it's an advantage to you then that's perfectly fine, and if that's what makes most sense for you now then it's nothing to worry about.