1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Second level of brightness for LED torch

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twinbee, Dec 29, 2013.

1. twinbee

twinbee Newbie

I tried out the camera with flash on the S4 mini. At first, the LED comes on very brightly for about a second or two, but just before the shot is taken, it comes on 10x EVEN MORE brightly for just a split second.

I want to emulate that second level of brightness with a generic torch app, but none of them support the 'second level', only the 'first level'. Does anyone know an app which will reach that extra bright level?

-------EDIT

After hunting the Google Play store for ages, I came across something which might do the trick. It also allows variable/adjustable level brightness, apparently across all ranges. HOWEVER, you need your phone rooted, and I'm not sure whether it works on the S4 mini (only the S4). There's also a danger that leaving it at the highest brightness for a certain amount of time (longer than the sub-second flash from the camera), may seriously damage the LED:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mohammadag.adjustabletorch

To summarize - need more info!

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini release date was July 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 1900mAh battery.

July 2013
Release Date
Reviews