• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Second "owner" account

Aisaaax

Lurker
Feb 15, 2019
Hello.
I recently bought an android tablet to use at home. I need it to have several accounts for my family members to use, and I want them full accounts too, with full privileges.

The first issue I ran into is that second user can't enable developer mode, which we all need. But that's not really a big deal so I dropped it.

What is REALLY a huge issue is that there are games (ragnarok m, epic seven) that refuse to run on a second account period. They simply crash at startup. I don't care if its dev's fault.
The thing is that they work like a charm if you install them on the first "owner" account. But when you switch to second they still simply won't run.
The only thing that's different between these accounts is the e-mail that google play is linked to. They are literally brand new accounts on a brand new tablet. And it isn't a restricted account either but a full user (only turns out not quite full enough after all)

So the only real thing that's different is actually that one is an owner and the second isn't, and for some reason it makes difference for those games. I simply have no other explanation.

I need either a real fix for that issue, or preferably a way to create several fully privileged admin owner accounts.

BTW it's android 7

Thanks in advance for any tips and help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones