• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Secret camera app

Is there an app that lets me access the camera app through the phone app. I want to use the phone app to secretly access the camera app. So, if I am confronted the phone will show a call in progress when in actuality I will be secretly recording video of those around me. How ingenious.

I dunno, it seems to me that if people are happy with being filmed there's no need for subterfuge, and if they are not then maybe you shouldn't film them?

Nothing to do with legality: at least in my country it's legal to film in public places provided you aren't harassing anyone or invading their privacy (e.g. upskirting). It just seems really impolite to film people who don't want to be filmed. And actually I would react much more strongly to someone filming surreptitiously than to someone doing so openly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones