• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Secret hash codes

Thanks khankll, my example showed exactly what you stated. That code will enable a check to see whether the phone is"locked" to a provider along with a few other items you can look at.
The code *#*#4636#*#* will allow you to check your battery state.
If your phone number is not shown > Settings > About phone > Status > My phone number > Just Dial *001# and Send, and your number will be displayed.
There may be a set of "generic" codes but I have yet to find them. I would expect them to all start with *#*#----and finish----#*#*
The really savvy Android boys will probably know them by heart. Cheers Neil.;)

Upvote 0
Found this last night:
[FONT=&quot]http://www.gadgetsmartphone.com/2011/06/secret-code-for-samsung-android-phone.html[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If your smartphone has an issue with samsung you have OS adroid can use the following tips to resolve an issue with you:)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]* # * # 4636 # * # * phone information
* 2767 * 3855 # hard reset *
* # * # 7780 # * # factory reset * **
* # * # 7594 # * # * change end call / power option
* # * # 1973286Ȉ # * # * service mode
* # * # * 255 * 663 282 273 2ȳ *#*#* screen file copy (backup media files)
* # * # 526 # * # * wlan test
* # * # 232338 # * # * shows the wifi mac address
* # * # 1472365 # * # * gps test
* # * # 1575 # * # * test another gps
* # * # 232331 # * # * bluetooth test
* # * # 232337 # * # shows the bluetooth device address
* # * # 8255 # * # * gtalk service monitor[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Various codes to launch factory tests:
* # * # 0283 # * # * packet loopback
* # * # 0 *#*#* lcd test
* # * # 0673 # * # * melody test
* # * # [/FONT][FONT=&quot]뻊[/FONT][FONT=&quot] # * # * device tests (vibration tests and backlight test)
* # * # 2663 # * # * touch screen version
* # * # 2664 # * # * touch screen test
* # * # 0588 # * # * proximity sensor test
* # * # 3264 # * # * ram version[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]codes to get the firmware version information:
* # * # 4986 * 2650468 # * # * pda, phone, h / w, rfcalldate
* # * # 1234 # * # * pda and phone
* # * # [/FONT][FONT=&quot]뿗[/FONT][FONT=&quot] # * # * FTA sw version
* # * # 2222 # * # * FTA hw version
* # * # 44336 # * # * pda, phone, csc, build time, changelist number[/FONT]
As you can see - it's for Samsung! :eek: The only code that works for Huawei, is the very first one - phone info. Neil.

Upvote 0
Thanks khankll, my example showed exactly what you stated. That code will enable a check to see whether the phone is"locked" to a provider along with a few other items you can look at.
The code *#*#4636#*#* will allow you to check your battery state.
If your phone number is not shown > Settings > About phone > Status > My phone number > Just Dial *001# and Send, and your number will be displayed.
There may be a set of "generic" codes but I have yet to find them. I would expect them to all start with *#*#----and finish----#*#*
The really savvy Android boys will probably know them by heart. Cheers Neil.;)

sun af a beach
this number was used by my service provider to activate a feature .. as soon as i typed it .. i was charged a hefty sum .. :mad:

please edit ur post and remove this bitchy number ..

Upvote 0
Hi khankll, Sorry to hear you got billed by your provider, but that hash code works as I stated for HUAWEI phones.
You don't list your phone brand/model or who your provider is????
The hash code list I found on Google was clearly stated for Samsung phones.

Please ensure you read a Post thoroughly and if your phone is not the model referred - don't blame the messenger. Neil.
ps. This Forum is for Huawei U8150 Ideos.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones