• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Secure Booting Error! 1003

gilbert2383

Lurker
Mar 16, 2016
Hi
I tried rooting my phone (LG G Stylo) with KingRoot it was rooting but then it stopped at 17% i think. After that it rebooted but it didn't reboot normally it turned of and on off and on and at the top it says Secure booting error! Error Code: 1003 MODIFIED!! can someone please help me?

Hi
I tried rooting my phone (LG G Stylo) with KingRoot it was rooting but then it stopped at 17% i think. After that it rebooted but it didn't reboot normally it turned of and on off and on and at the top it says Secure booting error! Error Code: 1003 MODIFIED!! can someone please help me?

Which stylo what is the carrier?

I bet you $50 it's a CDMA. There's a TWRP for GSM and they would have probably never hit that 1003 if so.

Best bet is to contact LG or the company you purchased from. Either return the device as defective or send it to LG for repair.

Reactions: gilbert2383
Upvote 0
Hi
Did you use the latest Kingroot or an older version. I bricked twice and had been using Kingroot, but I didn't have the secure boot error. I had messed with build.prop and root deleted a bunch of googleapps the first time and I added a line for tethering on the second brick. I had put busybox in there too in the off chance we could get supersu working, but that's not gonna happen without a miracle. Funny how kingroot worked fine for me restarting and re-rooting time after time, and some stylos brick right away. Some other stylo bricks made a reference to busybox being the culprit on their phones, but how could that be if it wasn't being used, just installed?

Upvote 0
i have the same problem after i rooted my lg g4 stylus (lg g stylo) with kingroot on android marshmallow. every time i reboot with the root my phone show me: secure boot error 1003 !!modified!!. i solvc flashing the 5.0.2 firmware with lg flash tool 2014 and after i boot in download mode, connect to pc, open lg bridge and update it. can anyone help me, i need root and i don't know how to block or disable secure boot. (sorry i'm italian and i don't know very well english)

Upvote 0
Hi

I purchased it from Boost Mobile

Can i go to Boost Mobile, and say it's been damaged? and yes i used the latest KingRoot version.

Okay thank you, tomorrow i am going to go to Boost Mobile to see what they can do.
Or if you have a PC, you can DL the LG Flash tool on Windows and corresponding .kdz file for your device and just restore the device to factory/stock.. Then try again if ya want, but at least you'll have a workable phone

Reactions: jmacie
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones