• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Secure desktop cradle?

dvhttn

Android Expert
Oct 17, 2010
Sunny Cornwall
Hi,

I'm after a desktop cradle for the DHD but one which provides a stable platform to actually use it whilst sat on the cradle. That's something you can't really tell from images on accessory web sites. So has anyone got similar for another model that may be applicable to the DHD or, more likely, can point me to one on the 'ol' interwebbie thingy' that is like this to help me out?

I'd also like USB for charging/sync and preferably a second battery slot.

Seems like the cradle would need a) rubber feet/bottom, b) support for the back of the phone and c) a reasonable length to help with stability (so a second battery slot behind the phone would probably imply this).

Help?

Dave

Right. So been looking about and seen loads. But the only ones specifically for the DHD seem to be the cheap plastic ones that look as though they'll fall over if you touch the screen. Like this ... Desk Dock for HTC Desire HD

However, I've seen this one .... LUXA2- Uniquely You ... the Luxa2 H1-Touch, supposedly for iPhones but from the measurements it looks like it'll take the DHD even with a silicone skin. At least the one I have anyway. Review here ... Luxa2 H1-Touch Mobile Handset Stand Review |

I know a few people here have come from the iPhone community so wondered if anyone had used them before?

Anyone? They're not the cheapest but I'd be using it at my desk so would need to be solidly built. Not worried now by having built in connectors as I have enough cables about the place .... :)

Ta

Dave

Upvote 0
OK, so this is going to ignore some of your requirements but let me try anyway: http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-accessories/214322-clingo-universal-podium.html

Now, it doesn't "dock" per-se and there's no chance of a second battery charge slot, but it's easy enough to slip a cable through the back of it and it's stable. More importantly, next phone upgrade I don't need to get another "dock"!

I've also just bought one of these to try out (with similar thinking) and will report back: Spider Podium Universal Desk Stand - Black

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've actually gone for a Celjel stand from the US. See this thread ... http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-accessories/235602-any-one-got-cradle-recommend.html ... The more I looked at the various cradles/stands around I noticed that they a) were for the DHD and looked like cheap plastic and wouldn't allow me to use the phone whilst the DHD was 'docked' or b) they looked really cool but as they were for the iPhone they were really expensive. I even went into an Apple reseller in my local toiwn and asked but they were out. The salesguy did say that the ones they sold were *HTC compatible because it said so on the box* .... :rolleyes: When I asked 'which HTC' he didn't seem to comprehend the question ....

And the more I thought about it the more the main reason for getting it was so I could operate the phone whilst it was on the stand and the Celjel seems to fit the bill.

Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones