1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Security deposits

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by Raynes, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Raynes

Raynes Newbie

I'm a little bewildered as to why Sprint (and Verizon) expects me to provide payment information before I even know what my security deposit, if applicable, will be. What exactly do they do? Do they charge you for the normal stuff whilst your credit is being ran, and then let you know you have to pay a security deposit? Do they just charge you for the security deposit without even bothering asking you first?

I'd seriously hate to give them my payment info and have them decide they want a $1000 security deposit that I can't pay after the fact.

Has anybody had any experience with this and know precisely what they do when you hit the submit button? Do you get the chance to back out if the security deposit is too much to bear?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert

Well, Sprint gives you 30 days to return everything and not be charged, not even for the data, texts and minutes you have used. So if you dont have an answer by then, or are not happy, or the deposit is too much. Just return it all and bail. Other than that, dont know what to say.

3. Raynes

Raynes Newbie

Yeah, the 30 day stuff is fine insurance. Just curious if anybody has any clue how this works.

4. dvrcowboy

dvrcowboy Newbie

Its easy just take the phone back where you got it from and get your money back, no hassle

As far as security deposit goes if its some ridiculous figure decline it and go somewhere else

5. UniversalRep

UniversalRep Newbie

Go in store.

All you need is a valid DL and know your SSN.

They'll make a temporary account that will be available for 90 days and they'll let you know how many lines you are eligible for, if you have a security deposit and/or spending limit.

6. Raynes

Raynes Newbie

I think I'll just go ahead and do it when I have the money. I live far, far away from a Sprint store and I really hate calling customer care for any provider because I don't speak Indian. I'm fairly certain my credit is virtually nil or slightly on the positive side, so I doubt they'll charge me over $150 for a security deposit anyway. And, as mentioned above, I can always back out within 30 days.

7. CrshOvrRd

CrshOvrRd Lurker

After 1yr with Sprint, I received my security deposit back as a credit