1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Security Menu issue (LG GT540)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pRoSpA, Jun 9, 2011.

1. pRoSpA

pRoSpA Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire - UK
    Hi, i recently bought a 2nd second-hand gt540, it was bog standard (running 1.6) apart from being network unlocked. It started with a Vodaphone flassh screen so im guessing it started as a contract phone at some point...

When i looked through it, it still had the previous owners data and settings on it so without thinking i reset it to factory settings just thinking it'd wipe it clean etc. The phone rebooted and my o2 SIM wasnt working anymore because the network was locked back onto Vodaphone... Sooo i've emailed Vodaphone about getting the NUC code and in the meantime i upgraded it to the same OS as my main phone (details to the left under my avatar)

Vodaphone sent me the NUC and the 2945#* USSD code to get into the security menu of the phone but the USSD code doesnt work. Could this be because i changed the OS to 2.3 - and rooted obviously -? Also if this is the case is the phone easy to get back to the official OS?

Please help! :-/

P.S. Basically i can't get into the menu to enter the unlock code.

Advertisement

2. x-treme

x-treme Member
    None

The original Vodaphone KDZ contains that menu, not CyanogenMod.
    I guess you're best off flashing 2.1 again and unlocking it there.
    Here's how to do it from the official thread here on androidforums.com.

kmbd1234 and pRoSpA like this.
  3. pRoSpA

pRoSpA Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire - UK
    Basically i did that ^ and even though it worked i had no joy getting into the security menu yet... I tried using the official updates which put 2.1 (version v20c for anyone thats seen a few versions :p) and that actually put ALL the original Vodaphone stuff back on it intcluding the Vodaphone flash scrteen but i still cant get into the security menu...

Not sure if i'm allowed to do this but does anyone know any other code than 2945*#400# to get into the secuirty menu of a gt540? After getting in i still have the unique unlock code anyway IF I EVER GET IN IT! :mad:

4. simon194

simon194 Member
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    I thought the code to get into the SIM network unlock option was 2945#*540#.

pRoSpA likes this.
  5. pRoSpA

pRoSpA Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire - UK
    Yeah, that one worked lol... Would have thought the NUC Resolutions department at vodaphone would know that also... They emailed me a guide with the unlock code and step 1 of the guide was to enter 2945#*400#. After waiting 3 more days for a reply to the "IT DONT WORK" email i sent back they still havent replied. Although i found the proper USSD Code now and the unique code they gave me worked. All good now :)