1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Security on android devices?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by reza, Dec 17, 2009.

1. reza

reza Active Member

Dec 13, 2009
    htc hero is my first android device & i use it for my regular e-banking too,with pc we use internet security suite,anti spyware & etc to insure our system,what we have to do about our mobile phones? we use same user names & same password on our pc & our phone & if we need to guard them on pc it seems to me natural to do the same on our phone!
    i download a lot of third party app which potentially have access to those info & i really don't know is security a matter of consideration on mobile as same as pc or NOT?

Advertisement

2. JockVSJock

JockVSJock Active Member

Mar 6, 2010
    A girl that I work with has a HTC Hero and was sent an email to her gmail account which she opened via her phone.

Her phone rebooted and she lost all of her data/apps.

This is got me thinking, what type of security is available for the phone and for the apps that a person downloads?

I'm also going to be doing to traveling later this summer to, and I want to make sure my phone is safe while I'm out on the road.

thanks

3. Artaq

Artaq Active Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Debt management
    UK
    @ Reza and JockVSJock

I would say it is a risk with using 3rd party apps as they can make them have full access to your phone and see the data you store. As for key logging on a phone, not heard of that yet. But not to sa it cannot be done, as a smart phone is basicly a small computer.

As for apps on the normal market, if anyone find something wrong the users will write very bad comments.

4. JockVSJock

JockVSJock Active Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I did find an app called Lookout that provides anti-virus, which is something that I'm worried about.

It would be nice if the app market got policed so people wouldn't d/l an app that would cause damage to their phone.

Tags: