• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Here's another excellent idea that will keep people's information like contact's, accounts etc. in the their phone's more safe.

Have an option to turn off the pattern password (seeing as if your screen breaks and you can't use the pattern..you have the fingerprint sensor) and make it fingerprint only.
Seeing as it automatically requires you at the beginning to have a pattern, give us the option to turn it off after.
All these drones in the sky makes that feature useless if some one can just fly by your house and see what your pattern, pin whatever password is. It'll make it to where those losing their phone's, stolen or whatever, don't have to worry about their information being given out to some one listening to them and would have to factory reset the phone if the phone was their only objective.

End result, fingerprint password only.

sorry but i don't think i have seen drones any where near my house. most drone users fly them respectfully in areas where there is nobody underneath as per law requirements......so i'm not worried about that.

as for fingerprint locking, my banking app, wellsfargo, and samsung pay both can be unlocked via fingerprint. so i'm not sure but it might depend on what bank you use for their app.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
sorry but i don't think i have seen drones any where near my house. most drone users fly them respectfully in areas where there is nobody underneath as per law requirements......so i'm not worried about that.

as for fingerprint locking, my banking app, wellsfargo, and samsung pay both can be unlocked via fingerprint. so i'm not sure but it might depend on what bank you use for their app.
Could you explain these law's a little bit more because it seems like those law's don't apply to every one and the police aren't able to do anything about it. I'll need a website and who to contact for issue's with drones flying above my house. So tell me how that wouldn't be a great option for people like me?

Upvote 0
i know nothing about drone laws per se. i just saw somethings on youtube that mentions briefly about how and where to fly.

at some point i want to get a dji mavic pro. i'm saving up for one and i also want to get a commercial license to fly it professionally as well.......but all that is later down the line.

just google your state or city for drone laws:
https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-california/

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
I think worrying about a drone hovering outside your house hoping to catch your pattern if you unlock the phone near a window is pretty much tinfoil hat territory.

But you don't have to use the PIN most of the time. Occasionally a phone will ask you to use it to verify your identity: this is because fingerprints are registered as less secure than the PIN, i.e. using fingerprint only is regarded by the people who design the systems as reducing rather than increasing security.

The other reason for having a PIN or password in addition is in case the sensor fails, the FP data are corrupted or your fingerprint isn't available (wearing gloves, wet/dirty finger, you've used a cyanoacrylate adhesive recently,...). You wouldn't want to have no way of unlocking if the sensor wasn't working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones