• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

maggiemay

Lurker
Mar 8, 2011
On my previous android I was able to set up a 4 number code to get into my texting and pictures, in case someone decided to try and get into my phone. I've noticed that I'm not able to do this with my mesmerize. Does anyone know if there is a way i could set that back up or even set it up to just punch those numbers in when i get into my phone instead of using the pattern? I feel like the pattern is easy to decode and figure out. Thank you so much :) maybe there is an app?

If you want to wait for the 2.2 update, the PIN code option for unlocking the phone is in there. It unlocks the entire phone, however, not just pictures or text.

You can download an app that will lock specific applications, file locations, etc. I have not used any of these, so I cannot vouch for them, do your own research before downloading one: App Lock, AppLock, LockMyApps, Pinnacle Locker, as well as a host of others. The ones I mentioned are free (ad supported). There are "pay" versions as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones