• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

See you all later! Got some deals too good to pass up

drexappeal

Extreme Android User
Apr 8, 2010
West LA, CA
I purchased an international Unlocked Note 2 as a dedicated media player and will be upgrading at Best Buy (no out of pocket costs) for the Sprint Note 2.

Therefore, the Photon became expendable. It would be a waste for me to keep the Photon as a backup Sprint phone, since I have multiple phones at home that I can use as "backup."

Had some great times in here and hope that the Motorola ship does make a comeback and Google flexes its muscles to get it right...eventually.

Nontheless, I'm likely to have quite a few accessories, if any of you might be interested that I can just sell as one package deal.

Reactions: simcha and KOLIO
Later Drex, thanks for all your input, assistance, and help in the forum over the past year and change. Enjoy your N2. :)

I'll probably still pop my head in every now and then. I loved the MoPho and its accessories more than my Evo. Very disappointed in the direction Motorola is going right now...but like I said before, it's hopefully 2 steps back to go leaps and bounds forward (positive outlook).

There's still no definitive date when Best Buy will receive the Note 2 inventory, so I'll be gathering up all the accessories, taking pics and boxing them up for those that want to swoop them up from me.

Upvote 0
Wanted my last post from tapatalk on the MoPho to be in here. Hard reset to follow. I'll be stopping in every now and then when I find new stuff to share that would still work on our beloved MoPho.

Let's all hope Google can right the ship in a couple years, when we're all eligible for the next upgrade.

:beer:

Reactions: kbrn and KOLIO
Upvote 0
Ah Drex, alas... It's the end of an era.

Yeah, and surprisingly, I really don't have many complaints about jumping on the Samsung bandwagon. I think they only complaint I've had so far (and since, found a solution) was the fact that there's no way to prevent the phone from waking up from every text message received. I actually had to download an app to prevent that, which works perfectly fine and does what I needed.

As for the MoPho, it proved extremely valuable with the since defunct Buy Back program (Best Buy discontinued it and replaced it with the "trade in" program that doesn't need to be purchased, but they add an additional $50 if you purchased from Best Buy). Because of my Buy Back, the Note 2 upgrade cost me no money out of pocket and allowed me to get 2 years of Best Buy insurance paid upfront...and because of Best Buy's price matching, I ended up with some money left over (a good amount to seriously consider purchasing a Note 10.1...but I'm holding off because I'd prefer a Windows tablet replacement).

I do miss the MoPho's ability to view the screen in sunlight. That's the only thing that the MoPho destroys the Note II on. Everything else is just...butter.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Count me now in the club of (soon-to-be) former MoPho users, but in my case I'm ditching Sprint as well. Finally managed to order a Nexus 4, and will be going stock Android from here on out. Moto's broken promise burned me on carrier/OEM skins for the time being; I want a phone that gets regular updates and I can tinker with freely.

I still have a strong fondness for my MoPho. Even though I won't be on Sprint I plan on keeping it. I'll try to stop by from time to time as well. Since Moto abandoned our phone, we need to help each other out as much as possible. :)

Upvote 0
Count me now in the club of (soon-to-be) former MoPho users, but in my case I'm ditching Sprint as well. Finally managed to order a Nexus 4, and will be going stock Android from here on out. Moto's broken promise burned me on carrier/OEM skins for the time being; I want a phone that gets regular updates and I can tinker with freely.

I still have a strong fondness for my MoPho. Even though I won't be on Sprint I plan on keeping it. I'll try to stop by from time to time as well. Since Moto abandoned our phone, we need to help each other out as much as possible. :)

CC, did you get in on that Daily Steals deal that had the Nexus 4 or order directly through Google?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones