• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seeing combined events from more than one calendar??

sconnelly

Sep 25, 2009
Does anyone know how to view events from more than one gmail calendar?

Unfortunately, the Android Google apps (both gmail and calendar) DO NOT allow more than one account. What is up with that?? iPhone, Palm, and Blackberry all do this natively!

Anyhow, I thought I was being clever by sharing my calendar between my personal gmail and my corporate gmail accounts. As a result, I can now see my work events on my personal calendar while in the browser. BUT.... from my Android, the shared events DO NOT appear! Why? Why? :thinking:

I downloaded a few other calendar apps from the Market but they all rely on the built in calendar... so none of them do any better.

Is there a solution to this problem or is this another inherent Google fault?

Or perhaps there is a multiple gmail/calendar app out there?

Anyone?

BTW, I posted another message about this here: Cannot see events from other's calendars on my Android Calendar app (they only show up in the browser) - Google Mobile Help

Go into the calendar app and tell it to show both calendars...I do this for my work calendar.

I am unsure what you mean.

From the phone, the calendar app I have a selection of calendars such as "My Calendar", "My own name", "Zipcar Reservations", "Outlook", and U.S. and Canada holidays... all of these are selected and show up in the calendar.

However, what I do not see is a selection for my corporate calendar. :thinking:

...even though I can see all the above PLUS my corporate calendar under Calendar settings/Other Calendars (Calendars I can only view)... in the browser.

Remember, I can also see the corporate events from the browser.

Upvote 0
I don't know why this won't work for you, but here is what I did.

I have another Google account calendar account shared to the Google account I use on my Hero. In the browser while in the Google calendar account settings I use for my Hero, I check-mark this other calendar to 'show in list'. Then, on the Hero once it has synced this calendar list to my Hero when I go into the Hero's calendar, I hit the menu button and select Calendars, and this other Google account calendar is listed so I place a check-mark next to it and all of its events appear on my Hero agenda with all the other calendars I have selected which include some seven other calendars.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones