• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Seeing my SMS messages in Textra???

I am building a new phone, a Pixel 7 Pro. Things are going okay and I am about to activate it.

One issue: I just used SMS Backup & Restore to transfer my SMS messages and call log from the old phone to the new phone. Worked fine, and if I launch the default message reader, I see all of myy text messages. However, when I launch Textra, my default SMS app, I don't see any of them! What can I do to resolve this issue?

Try going into Textra's settings and under "About" you'll find an option "Resync Textra". Give that a shot.
(Yes, it's not the most obvious place to put something like that!).

Another thing you could try would be to clear data for Textra, to force it to reload from scratch (messages are stored by a separate message storage app so clearing data for Textra won't erase them, though you will lose your own customisations). But I'd try the resynch option first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones