• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Seeking mp3-player app that can (1) mix to mono and (2) has variable-speed playback

cutedroid

Jan 3, 2013
I have a bunch of spoken-word MP3s that emit sound only into my left earbud. This means I hear nothing in my right earbud. (The person recording the speeches was probably new to the job.) So I'm looking for an app that can reproduce what I hear in my left earbud into my right earbud.

The second feature I'd like is variable-speed playback. (I like to listen to spoken-word MP3s at a faster speed.) :)

Does anybody know of an app that has these two features?

Last edited:
So basically you're looking for an app that can mix down to mono, and therefore both sides will have equal playback and same in both earbuds. I believe Poweramp can do that.
I checked http://powerampapp.com/. I forgot to mention I'm looking for an app that is not trialware. (I'm okay with ads. I just don't want an app that will stop working after a few weeks.)

Upvote 0
Try Aimp. Not trailware and has mono option
Thanks, Dannydet. I just downloaded Aimp and it works as you say! I forgot to mention it when I first wrote this post, but another feature I'd like to have is variable-speed playback, so that I can listen to the speeches at a faster speed. Do you know any app that has these 2 features? :)

Upvote 0
I checked http://powerampapp.com/. I forgot to mention I'm looking for an app that is not trialware. (I'm okay with ads. I just don't want an app that will stop working after a few weeks.)
You can always buy it of course. NO ads, and keeps on working. Developers like being paid for their hard work, like the rest of us. :) It's only a few bucks I think.

Reactions: svim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones