1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Seeking new ROM, non-CM(7) based.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zola Eclipse, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Zola Eclipse

Zola Eclipse Newbie

Hi,

Due to a new found urge to get fit I have downloaded and started using an app (Endomondo) to track my runs/rides.

It's meant to track by GPS but for some reason force closes/reboots my phone. Looked around and the general consensus seems to be that there's something in CM7 based ROMs that is causing the problem.

So, I'm looking for suggestions of battery/resource light ROMs that can offer stability and are reasonably easy to install that do not use CM7.x

Any/all opinions welcome.

I'm currently running GV 2.8. Other sports trackers suffer the same problem.

deanshep85 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert

Any ASOP really.
    Redux
    Cyogenmod.
    Miui ;-)

Zola Eclipse likes this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Well SUroot's ROM, dGB, is the smallest and lightest you'll find - you can actually fit the ROM in 60MB!

Oxygen is also popular. And Redux 2 is under development (test versions available at XDA - the "light" version is less than 75MB with a fancy new power control panel).

4. Zola Eclipse

Zola Eclipse Newbie

I thought Cyogenmod is CM7?

Otherwise redux was one I was contemplating but not sure if it's based on CM too (as Ginger Villain and many others are).

5. Hadron

VIP Member

Redux is built from AOSP sources, and is not CM based. Likewise dGB (which is based on Redux + android 2.3.5) and Oxygen are not CM.

Zola Eclipse likes this.
  6. Zola Eclipse

Zola Eclipse Newbie

SUroot has a ROM? Excellent. May well take a look at that.

As always, thanks Hadron.

7. Hadron

VIP Member

Well you get the most benefit from it if you are S-Off and use a custom memory table. It doesn't come with a2sd+, as the idea is to have a large data partition and hence not need sd-ext, but it would be possible to add an a2sd script if preferred (it would work, it just isn't included). If you are S-Off, he even provides a couple of custom hboots with the ROM (links in the ROM thread, green link in my sig).

I have to say I'm liking it very much.

SUroot likes this.
  8. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Awww thanks

9. Hadron

VIP Member

10. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

*Feels like he has made it*

:)

11. deanshep85

deanshep85 Android Expert

son of a b*tch!!

that explains it...I've tried both endomondo and sports tracker...and both rebooted and died...I didn't know they had issues with CM based ROM's..

while I won't be flashing anything over my GV 2.8...least it does explain WHY it does that..

hmm...random mooching through threads is good sometimes lol

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews