• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio 1600mAh extended life battery

Nice one

Need to get something for Silverstone this year.

Its seems a toss up between this and the pebble.

Any thoughts guys

depends on how long you are going for .. thurs to Monday or less ?

I think my portapow one is really good, getting over 2 full charges from it so far and I like the draw-string case carried to neoprene one with pebble to give me storage for the tips I need.

Upvote 0
depends on how long you are going for .. thurs to Monday or less ?

I think my portapow one is really good, getting over 2 full charges from it so far and I like the draw-string case carried to neoprene one with pebble to give me storage for the tips I need.

Yeah teh drawstring case/bag is awesome, means i can carry the charger extensions and charge other things to :p (and an extra usb cable!)

Upvote 0
a little drawstring bag would be ideal for the extensions with the pebble but there isnt one included, i sorted this out with a spare one i found from and old bluetooth headset.

Also gave the desire another 15%-100% charge today via the pebble took around two hours again with the pebble going down to the mid level light after around 45min. According to this i would expect to get around 5 charges out of it.

Upvote 0
what also swung it for me was the fact with the Portapow one I could get extra tips for other devices as well, so I got a small nokia one for my work phone and one for the missus nintendo too ... dont know if you can get that with the pebble ?

So I know have back up battery for devices in my house,all of which will be going on holiday with us in the summer, but now for the lot I only need to take one wall plug and use the cable that came with the portapow to charge the lot and have an emergency supply for the plane/airport should I need it ... good times :

Archos 5 Internet Tablet x 2 (will be used for video, ebooks, wifi in hotel, etc)
HTC Desire x 2 (phone only use when abroad)
Creative Vision M x 2 (use at the pool & beach music only)
Nokia phone x 1 (hopefully they wont call me when on holiday lol)
Nintendo DS x1 (to play my mates kids)
PSP x 1 (to play my mates kids)

Upvote 0
I can confirm that the pebble does come with extra tips to charge other devices aswel un-sure about charging a nintendo ds but will charge nokia. Am I right in saying that phone companies are starting to use the same connection to charge no matter what brand for example my desire and then the 2 blackberries we have are all micro usb

Upvote 0
I can confirm that the pebble does come with extra tips to charge other devices aswel un-sure about charging a nintendo ds but will charge nokia. Am I right in saying that phone companies are starting to use the same connection to charge no matter what brand for example my desire and then the 2 blackberries we have are all micro usher

Most of the big brands have signed up to standardise mobile handset connectivity by way of micro usb, yes. Its a shame for me that they didn't pick mini-b as most other portable devices use this.

Upvote 0
a little drawstring bag would be ideal for the extensions with the pebble but there isnt one included, i sorted this out with a spare one i found from and old bluetooth headset.

Also gave the desire another 15%-100% charge today via the pebble took around two hours again with the pebble going down to the mid level light after around 45min. According to this i would expect to get around 5 charges out of it.

Do you get 5 charges from the pebble?
I am interested in getting one but.... i just dont know :thinking:

Upvote 0
Yeah i shall keep you updated as to whether I get another charge out of it. And in my opinion yes. It's a brilliant device it does exactly what it is required to do and does it fast. I can't fault it personally other than not being supplied with a carry bag for the adaptor other than that is money well spent.

Upvote 0
All Android really need to do Is in their next update tweak their system to use less battery, I'm sure they can do it. its like when Windows vista came out for pc it was a memory loggers eating loads of RAM unnecessarily and then they brought out Windows 7 which fixed this issue .

oh i wish they would. but will they?

An about the spare battery im not too sure, tried HTC's Website?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones