• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio 1750 Follow Up

Any issues with these batteries getting hot? I thought I remember reading that somewhere. Thanks guys!

Under Light to Medium usage, I havent noticed any battery heat at all. I know my phone gets hot in general when im playing games with the stock battery. But I havent played games yet with the new battery.

I would think though, that the battery should actually stay cooler since it has more mAh, the battery discharges less quickly, meaning the voltage decreases more slowly. So the battery should run cooler. I could be wrong tho...

Upvote 0
Took mine off at 100% (well 90% since I didn't power off) at 8:00 a.m. One phone call, tons of texts to my girlfriend, toss it, solitaire, fun towers and some browsing more or less every hour or so throughout the day. It is now 9:45 p.m. and I am at 48%. I guess that is pretty good?

As for things running...I turn wi-fi, gps and bluetooth off unless I am using them (did not today).

Upvote 0
Seidio 1750 Initial Full Charge
Start Voltage: 3.85V
End Voltage: 4.20V
Charge Rate: 0.5A (Was too slow so I upped it to 1.0A)
mAh Input: 77mAh
Charge Rate: 1.0A
mAh Input: 504mAh
The battery sat overnight (11 hrs) and I assumed it would have leveled off and could use a little more charge before I started the discharge test. It is a new battery

Reactions: fortesquieu
Upvote 0
Would be cool if you can do a discharge comparison between the seidio and the tp2 battery. Looks like studio is only at 1500mah discharge rate?

I would love to but I already have my seidio so I dont want to buy the tp2.

Anyone wanna First Class Mail me their spare TP2 Battery? I'll test it out and mail it back to you. PM me :)

Yea, so far the Seidio seems to have about a 1500mah capacity. But that may be because it has not been cycled even once as of the discharge test. Im hoping to see an increase when I re-test.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones