1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Seidio 2600 ma battery problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gfweb, Jun 8, 2010.

1. gfweb

gfweb Member

Dec 14, 2009
    The battery worked great for about 3 mos (with the exception of fooling the battery monitor which never would calibrate). Recently it started causing a reboot loop whenever I try to charge it. It won't charge and the unit is unusable with it. The OEM battery still works fine, so it isn't a problem with the droid.

Any solutions?

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Contact Seido. Should be a warranty, right?

3. gfweb

gfweb Member

Dec 14, 2009
    one month, i believe

4. apeman76

apeman76 New Member

Nov 15, 2009
    i also have the Seidio 2600 ma battery mine doesnt seen to last much longer than the orginal. i thought it was just my battery . i will be calling them mon.

5. gfweb

gfweb Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Mine lasted fine but it did fool the battery meter which gave battery low readings when there was lots left.

6. apeman76

apeman76 New Member

Nov 15, 2009
    mine drops from 100% to 80% on a 30 drive to works with no phone use or email

7. gfweb

gfweb Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Could be a meter issue. Try turning phone off and see if you get a good reading.

8. apeman76

apeman76 New Member

Nov 15, 2009
    i tried that several times after i got to work,over several days took battery out didnt make a difference

9. Bxrider11

Bxrider11 Well-Known Member

I don't know if you were using the Seidio Cradle whne charging your extended battery, but I was experiencing something similiar. I was using the Seidio Cradle and sometimes my battery would not charge. I purchased a seperate wall charger from Ebay and when I am not using the battery it is charging in the wall and that has helped. I just use my extended battery for long trips and whne i travel. Other than that i switched back to my stock battery becasue of the better feel and quality battery metere readings.

10. apeman76

apeman76 New Member

Nov 15, 2009
    yes i do use the Seidio Cradle and when put my phone in to charge it shows its charging. but when i get up the next day it shows low battery somtimes.
    i have a hard time getting it in the cradle somtimes. i will try your way a few days and see if it helps. maybe its the cradle and not the battery!