• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories seidio 3500mAh Evo battery - SHIPPING JULY 6th 2010

Will you be buying the Seidio 3500mAh battery?

• Yes

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 34 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Upvote 0
@Rigmaster you must be wearing girls pants, I can fit about 6 Evo's in my pants pockets... as for the size being too large, when I hold my Evo, the back side does not touch my palm, so there is plenty of room to expand without me even noticing... as if I'll notice 3mm of width.

I checked that website, and it does not say they are shipping an extended backing with the battery. the Seidio website clearly states you will receive the extended back along with your purchase... trying to connect to live chat with Seidio now...

looks like they don't care where you order from, as long as they get a sale somewhere... Going to call customer support (as suggested by the live chat customer support), only I am going to try and get a discount out of them...

Please wait for the next available representative…

joel perry: I just ordered Product Code: BACY35HEV4-BK from your website as it became available for preorder, but I found another company selling the same item (made by you) for $16 less with free shipping. at this website http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wireless/store/productdetail.asp?productid=26469

You are next in queue. We will be with you in just a moment.

Namita: Hello! Thank you for contacting Seidio Online! How can I help you today?

joel perry: Hello, I just want to say I love your products, but want to know how another company can sell your items for less, give free shipping, and are expecting to have it in stock to ship an entire week before you

joel perry: and not just a little less, it is 20% less.

Namita: Mobilecityonline.com does set their own prices.

joel perry: and the availability?

Namita: In our system, we have the shipping set for July 2nd, so I am not sure why there is a discrepency between the dates.

joel perry: I like July 2nd, much better than July 6th on the product page :)

joel perry: I did purchase this from your website today, Order date: June 23, 2010 Order#: ######

joel perry: I was concerned when I saw that website, but I have looked into them and from all aspects I could see they look genuine and legit

joel perry: I have been waiting 3 weeks for this item to come available, I actually refresh the page 6-8 times a day while waiting. So I was more than a little frustrated when someone on a forum told me that it was available for order already, with an earlier ship date, at a 20% lower cost.

Namita: Yes, they are an authorized distributor of our products.

Namita: I understand.

Namita: I believe that they set their own expected ship dates.

joel perry: a 20% price difference on an unreleased item is a bit ridiculous, do you not think? are the items on your website really marked up that much?

Namita: We set our prices, so I can't really say anything about the price difference or how mobilecityonline.com sets their prices.

Namita: You do have the option of canceling your order with us and purchasing from them.

joel perry: actually I cannot, I have exceeded your 2hour limit on cancellations.

Namita: If the order hasn't shipped, you can cancel it.

Namita: We do allow you to do so.

joel perry: the purchase confirmation code said that "buyer is responsible for all charges 2 hours after submitting a purchase"

joel perry: sorry, page, not code...

joel perry: I know I will be happy with the product, but cannot say I will order again from the website. I appreciate your time, and I will be providing the transcript of this conversation to androidforums.com

Namita: One moment please, sir.

Namita: You are able to cancel this order if you are happy with it.

Namita: Please call into customer service to do so: (832) 204-1118.

Namita: We want to make sure you are satisfied, so if you would like to cancel it, please do so.

joel perry: I will give them a call, thank you

Namita: You're welcome. Thank you for contacting live chat and have a great day!

So, I talked to both MobileCityOnline.com and Seidio, Mobile City confirmed the battery ships with the case (he said it IS on the product page, under product overview. I also confirmed with Seidio that they were an official reseller, the customer service person told me that they get theirs shipped from the warehouse, in bulk, and the manufacturer ships them direct to each company who has placed an order, in order of greatest quantity first and that may be why they are going to have them before the Seidio website. She was more than happy to cancel my order and to suggest that I purchase from them... very weird...

***final update***
I have switched my order from Seidio online, to MobileCityOnline.com Thank you for pointing that site out to me, I still don't know why companies always sell their own stuff at full price...

Upvote 0
I have switched my order from Seidio online, to MobileCityOnline.com Thank you for pointing that site out to me, I still don't know why companies always sell their own stuff at full price...
:rolleyes: So they don't undercut their dealers. They would rather have dealers sell their products. Except for an occasional special sale manufacturers maintain list price or why would an independent dealer want to stock their product. If Seidio sold it for $25 would you buy it for $49 from "elsewhere" and why would "elsewhere" want to stock it if Seidio sold it for less?

Upvote 0
I know they say that it is less than 3mm bulk, but those pictures make it look massive!

You know what I was thinking, though - that big hump on the back might help protect the lens by keeping the lens from touching the table. It also looks like it covers up more of the "red" part of the lens, which I would like.

If I could pick one up for cheaper later this year, I might. So far, I haven't actually run out of batteries. I just have to keep charging which is a pain in the ass.

Upvote 0
finndo77 said:
So, I talked to both MobileCityOnline.com and Seidio, Mobile City confirmed the battery ships with the case (he said it IS on the product page, under product overview. I also confirmed with Seidio that they were an official reseller, the customer service person told me that they get theirs shipped from the warehouse, in bulk, and the manufacturer ships them direct to each company who has placed an order, in order of greatest quantity first and that may be why they are going to have them before the Seidio website. She was more than happy to cancel my order and to suggest that I purchase from them... very weird...

Hello,

Thank you for your comments. Just to clarify, MobileCityOnline is an authorized reseller, and Seidio (Us) is the manufacturer. We do not discriminate quantities and fulfill preorders in the orders that they were received. While many authorized resellers are able to pre-sell items, Seidio will be carrying the products first.

Regards,

Upvote 0
as much as id love that much more capacity, i can't see the kickstand being able to deal with it when the balance already seems precarious

This concerns me as well, since I currently never lay my phone down and always use the kick stand!

I'll never have power issues ever again with the 4 extra batteries plus two chargers I picked up on ebay for under 22 bucks.

They arrived from hong kong just over a week and have been performing fantastic.

not meaning to threadcrap. I actually used to have a massive battery extender for my old pcc6700... talk about packin around a brick in your pocket!

I had an HTC Touch before my Evo, I used 3 batteries with it, all oem though (friends gave them to me as their phones either died, were upgraded, or replaced by the insurance). It was a pain keeping them all charged, I had to label them # 1, # 2, and # 3, with stickers, so I could rotate them regularly!

I'm planning on buying the extended battery... but I'm waiting until the reviews come in first as to how it well it works, how well the backcover is, etc.

I am currently tracking my battery and usage, and will continue when I get the new battery.

Upvote 0
I will get one, but what is everyone going to do about a case?

Right now I have the cheapy Amzer silicone one, but I like it.

I wish I knew how to mold it to the thicker back cover, but I do not think silicone melts.

I would like something to protect the corners, plus I like the case along the edges as when I hold the EVO the fingers holding it sometimes trigger the touch sensitive screen.

Upvote 0
The extra bulk would alleviate the worries about scratching the lens. That's a plus. But what about case fits?

I've been using the case for my old Moto Q, which was almost exactly the same size as the evo. the cases work well, and worked well with my moto with its THICK extended battery. It is only $2.97 on amazon. they are great.

search for
Motorola Q Business Case with Built in Belt Clip

in wireless accessories dept.

I'm not worried at all about the thickness of the battery. It is just two of the seidio 1750 batteries, which are the same dimension as the oem battery. the oem battery isn't even 3/16 of an inch thick, so I'll get WAY more battery life and a slightly thicker phone.

I don't know what to think about people who would think it is too thick or large. If you don't want a thick, large phone, then buy some cheap cell phone. If you want a smokin' smart phone, it needs to be thick to last. If you don't get the extra battery, don't whine about short battery life.

OH, Amazon has it for the same price as the link above at mobilcityonline.com Free shipping also if you have PRIME, which I do.

Upvote 0
I will get one, but what is everyone going to do about a case?

Right now I have the cheapy Amzer silicone one, but I like it.

I wish I knew how to mold it to the thicker back cover, but I do not think silicone melts.

I would like something to protect the corners, plus I like the case along the edges as when I hold the EVO the fingers holding it sometimes trigger the touch sensitive screen.

i have the same amzer one and i think its great!! I had originally bought the gel case from Sprint but amzer feels better and looks better IMO. I guess nobody will make a gel case to cover the evo with thick battery? I see siedo is going to have a hard case for it though. Right now i carry the evo in a very roomy amzer case (made for the i-mate jascar) and will have more than enough room for when i attach the extended battery and gel case(if somebody makes one)

Upvote 0
Strange, I called Seidio to cancel my order and to go to mobilecityonline, the lady didn't care because they are getting money no matter what as they are the manufacturer, I said well I want to keep my money in my pocket....Cancel my order...It just feels uncomfortable knowing they dont care because they are getting money...

They could've said your right , SORRY we do not price match and we see your point in saving money, please consider us in the future

Very cold Sedio

Upvote 0
I'd love to have this, but I don't have $50 bucks to spare right now.. will wait until there are cheaper alternatives. I bought a 2500 mah cheap battery from china and it's worked fine on my Sprint Touch.

As far as the added bulk - I actually prefer the feel of it in your hands, the extra back makes it fit better in your hands when typing with two hands. Hard to explain.

Reactions: bosplya
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones