1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Seidio Active Case

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jt44, Jan 4, 2012.

1. jt44

jt44 Member
    None

Nov 21, 2011
    Engineer
    ATL
    I've had my Seidio Active case on for almost 24 hrs now. From what I read about others it seems pretty consistent with what I had read. The silicone is loose around the phone and the only places it is really a snug fit is where the plastic wraps around the edges (in 6 places). I expected all of that and consider it a decent case as I didn't want to add a lot of bulk and I don't feel like it does that.

However, I have one major complaint which is that their seems to be an outer layer to the silicone and it is rubbing off which is causing a considerable amount of debris to be constantly across the screen. It's driving me insane. I don't know if this is typical for this case but I am strongly considering returning it and just getting the Surface case.

I've attached a picture.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. RottnJP

RottnJP Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    Aerospace Engineer
    CT, USA
    Yikes! I've never had an Active case, so I can't tell you if it's normal, but I agree it's pretty F'ed up!

3. jlamb30

jlamb30 Newbie
    None

Nov 24, 2011
    Wow. Mine is doing nothing like that. And, the silicone on mine is less flimsy than I have experienced with any other silicone case on any phone.

4. jt44

jt44 Member
    None

Nov 21, 2011
    Engineer
    ATL
    I talked to Seidio tech support earlier. They said that was definitely abnormal and that they would send me a new case. I'll update when I get the new one.

Oh yea I took that pic above with my Rezound. What a great camera!

5. fishwater

fishwater Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2009
    I had two of the Seidio cases on my Dinc & they both did that. I haven't had one since then, besides looking a little ugly once they peeled they were a solid case.

6. jt44

jt44 Member
    None

Nov 21, 2011
    Engineer
    ATL
    I got the new one. No peeling after a couple of days. Overall I'm satisfied but I can't decide if I'm going to keep it on all the time since the whole case thing is new to me.

Tags: