1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Accessories Seidio Battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eulerphi8, Oct 1, 2010.

1. eulerphi8

eulerphi8 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Has anyone bought and tried the seidio 1750mAh battery for the droid X? I was going to get it, but there's a review on amazon that says it won't charge on the droid x. If that's the case I might just have to go for an extended battery, which I was hoping to avoid so that I could get a otterbox case.

Advertisement

2. ahuynh

ahuynh Member

Aug 29, 2010
    I have it and it adds about few extra hours to the DX battery life.

3. eulerphi8

eulerphi8 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Hum yeah doesn't sound like it's worth it if it doesn't work fully with the new update. Not that it's Seidio's fault but I don't want to have to pop out my battery every time just to charge it.

4. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    SoCal
    Task killer is the reason why your battery life is so bad. Overall DX has best battery life compare to other android devices.

5. vandamme

vandamme Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Howdy.

Verizon has a 1930mAh for the X that doesn't change the profile. It comes with a battery door that I recommend using.

I put one in my phone and the wife's. It was just what we needed for the phone to last 15-16 hours without turning services off.

Should run around $49 at your Verizon store.

6. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

i would not recommend using the original battery door with the extended battery. the extended battery is a little thicker and can damage the LCD from the extra pressure from behind. the battery needs a little breathing room.
    YouTube - Droid X : LCD problem original cover with extended battery

vandamme likes this.
  7. vandamme

vandamme Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Thanks. I went back and corrected my post.

I purchased the Verizon clamshell cover/holster. When I put the clamshell on the phone, the screen looked like what appeared to be a small air bubble (for lack of a better explanation) under the glass. Remove the clamshell and it disappeared. Thought the clamshell was manufactured a little tight. Even tried another one from the Verizon store.....same result.

Purchased, what I assume, is a Seidio case/holster and not a problem with the screen.

It wasn't until I read another post explaining the battery door issue that in clicked!